huh when who where....
    OMG it is there.
    Well looky here.
    cool
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    damn downloading now
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    huh when who where....
    OMG it is there.
    Well looky here.
    cool
    Go here :
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...222-quake.html
    Pretty sweet. I wonder if they would be able to port warcraft 2 over? anybody know?
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    Pretty sweet. I wonder if they would be able to port warcraft 2 over? anybody know?
    I get the feeling that what we are seeing is just the beginning of a monster iceberg. We are the lucky few to say we were there when it all started.
    Basically look at it like this: Is the app I want ported open source? If not, is it able to be emulated by an open source app? If the answer to both of these questions is "no", you probably won't get it unless it is released commercially.

So for your War2 example: it's not open source, so no direct port. However, it IS a DOS game, and the DOSBox emulator IS open source. So theoretically, someone could port DOSBox and you could emulate War2 through that.

And then we get into the whole OpenGL vs OpenGLES porting issues for 3D games.

WebOS 1.3.5 was definitely a massive step forward, but don't be expecting hookers and blow to start falling from the sky.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ugh, that would be AWFUL on the Pre. Even if they could figure out how to use all of the controls, the screen is WAY too tiny for an RTS.
    look at warfare inc. which was on palm os and windows mobile. That was a great game. Not an extremeley advanced rts, but definitely a good one to play (also had multiplayer over bluetooth.) So something good might be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidal View Post
    Ugh, that would be AWFUL on the Pre. Even if they could figure out how to use all of the controls, the screen is WAY too tiny for an RTS.
    Exactly it would be almost impossible to control. The few RTS games that I've played on WinMo only work because of the precision of a stylus.
    Yessss!!!!!!! Here we go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidal View Post
    warcraft 2 uses 2 buttons for mouse and a click with a mouse. Why not have left and right click on the keyboard and a tap on the screen would be a mouse click. How could it not work?
    yay
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    warcraft 2 uses 2 buttons for mouse and a click with a mouse. Why not have left and right click on the keyboard and a tap on the screen would be a mouse click. How could it not work?
    I could be wrong, but I bet the screen will be way too small. The mouse clicks work fine on a 17in computer screen, but will look TINY on the Pre. Not sure you could even see what you were doing.

It definitely could be ported with a more Pre-friendly GUI, but that would be a lot of work. And maybe I am wrong and it would look great and play well with the stock Linux version.
    Impressive how fast things are moving along. Doom just a few days ago and now quake is possible (albeit a slightly choppy quake and doom, but I am giving the pre the benefit of the doubt and assuming this is just because things haven't been totally worked out as-yet and that full-speed will be possible soon).

Now officially looking forward to emulator support, seems to me if they are already porting over Quake then nes/snes/n64 can't be far behind...

Not sure how useful it'll be though, I'm on my fourth pre (three cracked screens with no abuse, this thing is eggshell-fragile) and I'm afraid to even play doom (tap tap tap CRACK). Of course, it's never broken -while- I was using it (twice on a touchstone charging, once on the USB cable charging, I think charging has something to do with it) so maybe it'd be ok.

Love that stuff like this is finally coming to the Pre, great work guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    WebOS 1.3.5 was definitely a massive step forward, but don't be expecting hookers and blow to start falling from the sky.
    Stop raining on everybody's parade.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic