Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i think he just got owned
    +1

It's what happens when people don't RTFM

Dallashigh was VERY careful and thoughtful in his wording.
  2.    #42  
    I think your wrong and he's merely skirting the issue of semantics. Callin.g someone ignorant or referring to what they are writing as garbage is extremely rude and inciteful. In a face to face argument, when I disagree with someone, I say "I disagree and here's why," or "no, actually that's not the case," and then explain why I believe that person to be wrong.

But here, on the web, people don't have to look you in the eye and deal with your response, will say whatever they please. Ignorant, suggest stupid and uneducated. I happen to be neither. I MAY be misinformed. But, considering the extent of misinformation on the web, I would need to spend a lot more time hanging with the telephone geeks to make sure I had the bottom line word about the other technologies. So, again, misinformed perhaps, ignorant? no. Writing garbage? No.

And I DO believe you owe me an apology, whether you care to give or not. And, I DO believe, that, had this been a face to face argument, you would not have looked me in the eye and spoken to me with that specific wording or the tone suggested in your post.

Now, I think we can just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    +1

It's what happens when people don't RTFM

Dallashigh was VERY careful and thoughtful in his wording.
    i disagree to agreeing to disagree
  4.    #44  
    And, again, please excuse my spelling. The mobile version doesn't let me go back and correct my terrible typing.
  5.    #45  
    Suit yourself.
    Honestly pelikan, as internet message board fighting goes, dallashigh was actually quite tame if he was insulting you. I've seen nice conversations that look like that. I think the one thing he was trying to convey is that to say the pre is flawed is a misconception, it's the network, and, like everything else in this day and age, is evolving so who knows if next year it isn't updated to be able to do that. Frankly I've found the downloads on my wifi to be much quicker anyway so I have been using that when I can.

Now, if you're looking for an apology a message board is the wrong place to expect one. Choice of words or not, he had a right to his opinion, and to give you the correct information. Most people I know who have iPhones are pretty snarky about them so I don't doubt the article and the website are iPhone biased. I think, overall, for functionality and overall sleekness of design and usability, the pre has it hands down over the iPhone, but who knows, maybe I'm pre biased! The only thing I don't like is that there aren't as many apps, but then again, the phone isn't even a year old. I think with the pre and pixi we're going to see a lot more development in that area anyway!

I'm all for open discussion but please don't expect everyone to agree with you or be nice in their disagreement...
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jen4muzik View Post
    Honestly pelikan, as internet message board fighting goes, dallashigh was actually quite tame if he was insulting you. I've seen nice conversations that look like that. I think the one thing he was trying to convey is that to say the pre is flawed is a misconception, it's the network, and, like everything else in this day and age, is evolving so who knows if next year it isn't updated to be able to do that. Frankly I've found the downloads on my wifi to be much quicker anyway so I have been using that when I can.

Now, if you're looking for an apology a message board is the wrong place to expect one. Choice of words or not, he had a right to his opinion, and to give you the correct information. Most people I know who have iPhones are pretty snarky about them so I don't doubt the article and the website are iPhone biased. I think, overall, for functionality and overall sleekness of design and usability, the pre has it hands down over the iPhone, but who knows, maybe I'm pre biased! The only thing I don't like is that there aren't as many apps, but then again, the phone isn't even a year old. I think with the pre and pixi we're going to see a lot more development in that area anyway!

I'm all for open discussion but please don't expect everyone to agree with you or be nice in their disagreement...
    jen4muzik,

Thank you for your kindly put words. And, you are absolutely correct. It WAS tame compared to some of the outright, vitreous bile I've seen spewed between forum members on user groups. But, if I live to be a hundred, I will never get used to the things people are willing to say on the web that they would never say to someone's face.

There were a LOT of replies to my original post. Many of them very interesting and helpful. But most missed the part where I did note that the voice/data issue was due to a network limitation. Some seemed to think I agreed with the author, or was THIS CLOSE to buying an iPhone. No, to both.

I will say that, if nothing else, I REALLY would like to be able to use my phone and GPS at the same time. As you say, changes are coming. Maybe next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    jen4muzik,
    But, if I live to be a hundred, I will never get used to the things people are willing to say on the web that they would never say to someone's face.
    Live in a small town do we? I don't recommend you travel to any of the following cities hoping for "nice happy discussion"....

-New York
    -New Jersey
    -Miami
    -D.C.
    -LA (& most of So Cal)

Speaking harshly to your face would be the least of your troubles. Never underestimate the audacity of your fellow man.
    Yea, big CDMA flaw, not Palms. GSM Pres will probably do extremely well, and esp since the incovering of all this GPU news. 3D games and superb animations are on the rise....Cant wait.

I hope 4G WiMax for Sprint will fix this voice + data "issue", because I dont want to have to switch carriers. :-\
    my thought is this: if you want a network where the phone service is substandard just because you can make a phone call or reiceve one while on the web well go for it . As for me I have everything I need including service that's reliable 99% of the time . thanks sprint !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #51  
    Actually, I am from NYC (the Bronx) and have spent a lot of time in Manhattan. I have lived in Miami, visited LA and San Francisco,been to New Jersey and DC many times and have lived for over 20 years in Baltimore, which is small by comparison but the current murder capitol of the US.

I have actually NEVER encountered, even on "Black Friday" or the day after Christmas in the heart of Manhattan, the abruptness that I have experienced with this, and other groups. I am polite to the people there, and they are polite to me.

As for Speaking harshly to my face would be the LEAST of my troubles. Again, I have found being polite to people, even when handling a disagreement, to be a very effective means of avoiding that possibility.

So let's end this. I wrote what I thought was a good thread and I was wrong. I'm ignorant, I don't know what I'm saying, and I have wasted the precious time of this group by starting this thread without proofing the semantics and details of my writing more carefully. I should have gone back and re-researched everything I said to confirm that I am correct before writing it. I deserved to be schooled harshly by those that know better, and I am overly sensitive. Being called ignorant and told that what I have written is garbage, is does not fall under the category of either insulting or inflammatory, and I should have known better and just taken my lumps. I won't make the same mistake again. Mea Culpa.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Live in a small town do we? I don't recommend you travel to any of the following cities hoping for "nice happy discussion"....

-New York
    -New Jersey
    -Miami
    -D.C.
    -LA (& most of So Cal)

Speaking harshly to your face would be the least of your troubles. Never underestimate the audacity of your fellow man.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123