Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    Greetings, I did the 1.3.5 upgrade recently. Last night I saw some of my applications had updates so I tried to download them. THey all failed. I looked on PreCentral and followed the directions to try and fix. I removed Package Manager Service and Preware and then ran the Emergency Migration Helper. That removed most of my programs including Companionlink for USB Sync. I tried to re-install that but it will not sync up with Outlook now. It looks like the "account" is wrong under the calendar and contacts, but I can not change it.

    How do you change that email? Right now it is showing up as some bogus email account, not one of my accounts.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm very frustrated with how complex they seem to make everything in the Pre and I'm ready to go get my Windows Mobile phone back.

    Thank you

    Debbie
  2. #2  
    Hello Debie,

    I had a similar problem after the 1 3 1 update. There can be multiple reasons, but here's an easy way to recover without having to do a lot of troubleshooting:

    1. Open the launcer on your Pre and select "List Apps" on the Launcer menu. Delete CL USB Sync.

    2. Attach your Pre to your PC in USB Drive mode; use explorer to go to the " app-storgae" folder. Delete the folder called "file_ media cryptofs apps usr palm applications com.companionlink clusbsync_0"
    if it exists.

    3. Download the latest Companionlink for webos usb desktop component from their website - the link is "http www companionlink com/support/updates html".
    (Sorry I had to remove the "dots" from the link - not enough posts to post urls yet)

    4. Re-install the CL USB app on your PRe from the app catalog.

    All should work now. PS, I didn't have any problems with 1 3 5 so this shouldn't be an every update occurrence!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeszewczak View Post
    Hello Debie,

    I had a similar problem after the 1 3 1 update. There can be multiple reasons, but here's an easy way to recover without having to do a lot of troubleshooting:

    1. Open the launcer on your Pre and select "List Apps" on the Launcer menu. Delete CL USB Sync.

    2. Attach your Pre to your PC in USB Drive mode; use explorer to go to the " app-storgae" folder. Delete the folder called "file_ media cryptofs apps usr palm applications com.companionlink clusbsync_0"
    if it exists.

    3. Download the latest Companionlink for webos usb desktop component from their website - the link is "http www companionlink com/support/updates html".
    (Sorry I had to remove the "dots" from the link - not enough posts to post urls yet)

    4. Re-install the CL USB app on your PRe from the app catalog.

    All should work now. PS, I didn't have any problems with 1 3 5 so this shouldn't be an every update occurrence!
    You are my hero!!! That worked!

    Thank you so much!!!

    Debbie

Posting Permissions