Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigal27 View Post
    Why should a regular user out there have to use homebrew and patches to have a good phone?
    I can understand where Melissa is coming from. A good friend of mine is in the telecom business and gets to try about every type of phone there is (he's had a Pre). In the end he always goes back to his Blackberry. He's the 1st to admit the Blackberry doesn't do a lot and the interface is clunky but what it does it does well and it's rock solid. For many people "simple" is the best solution.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoertz View Post
    I don't know about that. The person had 40 posts. I can feel for them, but I am sticking with my Pre for now.
    Agreed, calling her a troll is taking it too far and she has been cordial, unlike other goodbye threads. However, because many of the previous ones have been so ridiculous the second someone says anything close to goodbye it causes that knee jerk reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigal27 View Post
    Why should a regular user out there have to use homebrew and patches to have a good phone?
    I don't use homebrew and patches and in my opinion I have a great phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    agreed, calling her a troll is taking it too far and she has been cordial, unlike other goodbye threads. However, because many of the previous ones have been so ridiculous the second someone says anything close to goodbye it causes that knee jerk reaction.
    - exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I don't use homebrew and patches and in my opinion I have a great phone.
    Everybody has their own situation, and shouldn't be ridiculed for it. She was polite. Unlike the people she was polite to.
    (I'm not talking about you.)
    dbd, I was about to hit you with a wet noodle but then you said not me. I agree she was not in anyway, shape or form being a troll. However saying that I still don't understand the I'm Leaving posts. When I leave something I just move on. If someone misses me they come find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by melissasroja View Post
    Kiss my ***!
    Before offering such a thing, can we see a picture or at least a description? Also, please provide a schedule for when said *** would be available for kissing.

I am sorry you had a negative experience. I can understand your frustration. However, it sounds like it's your phone that's having the problem as the problems you are describing are not the norm. It's too bad Sprint won't replace it (I'm assuming you've tried) to see if the problem continues with a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    dbd, I was about to hit you with a wet noodle but then you said not me. I agree she was not in anyway, shape or form being a troll. However saying that I still don't understand the I'm Leaving posts. When I leave something I just move on. If someone misses me they come find me.
    LOL at that wet noodle.
    But anyway, we don't have to understand the goodbye threads. I just don't like seeing people get slammed when they say goodbye. Most of them make those threads because after reading this forum everyday, it becomes part of your day to day thing and it would feel strange to just walk out of the 'room' without 'excusing' yourself.
    I know if I ever leave, damn skippy, i'll make a goodbye thread too!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I know if I ever leave, damn skippy, i'll make a goodbye thread too!
    And I'll say cya bye bye and shake my head. LOL
    Everybody has their own situation, and shouldn't be ridiculed for it. She was polite. Unlike the people she was polite to.
    (I'm not talking about you.)
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by melissasroja View Post
    After having to DR again with the latest update I just cant take it anymore. The latest issue is someone will send me a text or message at lets say 7am. At 9am Ill pick the phone up to make a call and suddenly this 7am message will come. Its like the phone is asleep and finally wakes up with my touching it and bam it kicks into gear. Emails are slow...very very slow. Signal drops constantly. Dont get me wrong. I love the phone when it works but it seems the times it doesnt work are out numbering the times it does lately more and more. So Im switching to a Blackberry Curve for the time being. Ill keep my Pre as a backup and when things are more stable Ill most likely switch back to it. I thought about a Centro again like I originally had before the Pre but I really had no problems with my old Blackberry Curve (it was TMobile not Sprint and I switched to Sprint and had to get rid of it) so I decided to step back a little and go with that again. Its going to be weird having no stylus or touchscreen for awhile Im sure though! Anyway I want to thank everyone here for all the help and all of the wonderful themes and patches and things that helped keep me sane during my Pre journey! You have all been a huge help and I will most definitely be back! Ciao!

Melissa
    Bye Melissa. Don't take the response too badly. This is a tough crowd who are VERY defensive about the pre. I'm actually getting worried that folks are developing and apple-like attachment. That would a big turn off for me. I'm not big on technology cults.
    Why is everyone being so harsh? It sounds like she is having some legitimate problems. If I couldn't keep a signal and experienced delays in getting my email, I would be unhappy too.

The OP's situation is vastly different from the crybabies who are quitting because they don't have a function that Palm never promised, such as video recording or voice dialing or ...................... (insert rant here).

Good luck to the OP. I hope her situation improves with her next phone.
    Good luck, Melissa. I hope we see you back if/when the bugs and issues you are experiencing are resolved. Sorry for the angry responses, as this is indeed different from most goodbye posts.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    LOL at that wet noodle.
    But anyway, we don't have to understand the goodbye threads.
    I think I can understand why people post goodbye threads. They have made an investment in a product and in a company and when they feel failed by it, they are naturally upset. I don't think most people look for sympathy but rather they need to voice frustration to people who could understand where they are coming from. We are techies. If I said to my sister "Hey I feel let down by my cell phone" she would look at me strangely and not really care but you guys would grasp this better because we have this phone in common. We all have a passion for this phone which is why we come here and discuss it and this would be the group of people who could understand OPs' frustrations. Sometimes people need to vent and we are the only ones to listen.

I wish you luck Melissa. I really hope someday you come back to WebOS.
    Whats wrong with good bye threads? I like seeing why Pre users are leaving or what platform they are leaving to. I admit some of the threads are silly and useless but I also find some of them to be very constructive. I get to see some of the issues people are experiencing with their Pre. I really love WebOS but I am having an issue dealing with the lag. I find it interesting to see how many people are also annoyed or fed up with the lag or other Pre problems.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12