1.    #1  
    I'm having a strange problem. After removing my patches (with the Emergency Patch Remover), I upgraded my Pre to 1.3.5. It took a long time but everything seemed to go well.

I then upgraded PreWare using WebOS Quick Install and then, from PreWare, downloaded and ran the EMH. Then I reinstalled all my patches (except for Landscape Email which I had read was broken). Again every seemed to go well. And for the past couple of days, I've been using my Pre as normal.

And then today, for the first time since the update, I decided to listen to Pandora. Launched the app, got past the splash screen to the spinning wheel, and then... nothing -- it just kept spinning. I figured it might be the Pandora servers, so I switched to the Music Player Remix to listen to some tunes, chose one of my songs and again -- nothing -- no sound. No movement of the progress tracker.

At this point I restarted the Pre with Luna Manager and tried again -- still nothing. Checked my volume setting just in case -- it was fine, could hear system sounds, could make a call on speaker, so it wasn't that. Figuring it might be a Patch conflict, I again used the Emergency Patch Remover to remove my Patches, restarted and again tried the above apps. Still not getting any music. Then I tried Dr. Podder and the YouTube app -- just like Pandora, I just get spinning and loading -- but no playing of the media.

Now I'm at a loss. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something easy that I'm missing? How should I troubleshoot/fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Alex
    Just discovered exact same problem this morning. In search of an answer too.
    mines working just fine
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am experiencing the same issue. I didn't notice it until a day after I went through the 1.3.5 upgrade.
    This thread might help -
    'Stuck In Headset Mode? No Earpiece or Back Speaker Sound? [FIX]" (my post count too low to post actual link)

I narrowed my problem down to the phone thinking a set of headphones was plugged in when it was not. When I ran the audio test of the headphone jack it was unable to detect when headphones plugged in our taken out. Eventually after lots of fiddling I was able to get to detect the plug (unfortunately it thought it was plugged in when it was not). Finally got it to not think a set was plugged in and now media audio goes to external speaker.
    I have the same problem. Let me know if anyone found a solution.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Don't know if this is related or not but my music plays fine out the speaker or plugged in head set but my bluetooth (which is what I use for music) won't connect since 1.3.5 is loaded?
    Joe C.
    I had this problem and it goes beyond not hearing media. You also won't hear a call if someone calls you. The phone won't ring or vibrate. It's tied to the apps being placed in the Media partition and you using something that alters how your Media or ringtone is used. In my case, it was Youview and MyNotification.

Unfortunately, I doctored my phone prior to getting an answer so I'm not sure if this will fix it for you; but here's what I was told to try:

"Not sure exactly what they did to correct it but I would go ahead and make sure you get the latest version of WebOs Quick Install and delete (App that tied to Media or Ringtone) then reboot your phone wait 20 min (let the migration stuff do its thing) and then go ahead and reinstall the latest version of App. If that doesn't work you may want to use Preware's emergancy migration helper"
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty19 View Post
    Don't know if this is related or not but my music plays fine out the speaker or plugged in head set but my bluetooth (which is what I use for music) won't connect since 1.3.5 is loaded?
    Did you try pairing your headset with your Pre again? If you're getting your sound on a previously paired device, the only thing that I can think of is that it lost it's pairing when you changed other things. Perhaps the update took it out.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I removed some music apps restarted and it paired up fine. Reinstalled the apps and all is well! Thanks for the help
    Joe C.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hello.

I was having the "no media" issue and I did a power cycle on my pre (not just a restart), i.e., powered down and turned it back on. When I turned it back on, I was able to play YouTube videos, etc. And I verified that my phone ringer was audible as well.

However, I did notice that after the restart my "Amazon MP3" store icon was missing...the name is there, but the icon is not. Weird.
  12.    #12  
    Thank you to everyone who responded. After trying other suggestions on this thread (Headset Mode thread solutions, etc.), this is ultimately what worked for me:

I was having the "no media" issue and I did a power cycle on my pre (not just a restart), i.e., powered down and turned it back on. When I turned it back on, I was able to play YouTube videos, etc. And I verified that my phone ringer was audible as well.
    I did this and now Pandora, YouTube, Music Player all work fine for me. Yay!

For those who want the step-by-step for power cycling: hold down the power button until a dialog menu pops up, hit the "Power" option, you'll get a warning, then choose "Shut Down/Swap Battery", you'll then get a warning that you won't be able to receive calls with the power off on your phone (duh) so click through that, then your phone will power down. I waited 20 seconds after it powered down before holding down the power key again which brought the phone back to life. It took an extra long time to boot up (like a minute), but once it had, all was well. :-)

Thank you very much, geek_76! You saved me a trip to the WebOSDoctor!
    Last edited by alexwoolfson; 01/02/2010 at 01:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Glad it worked for you, alexwoolfson! ...I too was wondering if a WebOSdoctor session was in my future. Thankfully not!