1.    #1  
    I bought my pre at launch. I guess trying to update to 1.3.5 was too much for it. I got the fatal phone offline message. Sprint gave me a replacement refurb phone today

Interesting enough memos were restored from my palm profile.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I bought my pre at launch. I guess trying to update to 1.3.5 was too much for it. I got the fatal phone offline message. Sprint gave me a replacement refurb phone today

Interesting enough memos were restored from my palm profile.
    Hey since you went through the process, I was hoping you could help me with something.

So I had a launch phone, it had a massive oreo effect and they replaced it the next day and gave me another phone. That overtime has developed some serious blotch ghosting right above the gesture area.

Since I am out of the 30 days and within the 1 year palm warranty would I still go to Sprint to try to get this repaired? I don't have insurance or anything on my phone. (BTW it's never been dropped by me what-so-ever or sustained any damage)
    yes sprint handles the 1 yr MFG warrantyin store
  4.    #4  
    you can go to sprint for a fix. BTW - Anytime you get a PDA / smartphone you should get the insurance. It is definitely worth it especially for the high end phones.

I bought a $50 treo 650 from ebay to replace my 600 back in the day. The 650 lasted a good month. With the insurance I was a able to get a good refurb.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info.

I'll head into the store, I just hate how they look at me when I show them what the issue is. I mean sure it isnt like the phone doesn't work or anything but when you use it for a while and it gets hot the blotches are extremely annoying and give you a sense that you're hurting the phone during use making you NOT want to use it.

I'll head to the store anyways, and make sure the phone is good and used so they can see the blotches, hopefully they dont give me the run around and tell me that nothing can be done but we'll see.