Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    i didnt say i needed any help I think I would start a thread if I need one, plus I used the word still when it was a past experience. But that said everyone will have different issue @ at different times. all this back and forth bashing is making at great start for the new year. But I am having problem with my contacts but that has nothing to do with a patch or preware.
    try starting a thread about your contacts problem. someone will help you out
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    this thread was for the unsuspecting new pre owners, like myself... wish i had seen a thread like this before i downloaded...
    I think you said it all. Your a newbie... Pretty bold to just announce that preware and patches are the problem. I use them without issue. The problem is your lack of experience. Don't bad mouth things you clearly don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    These devs are working with limited knowledge of the full system and are doing AMAZING things for WebOS!!!

What makes you the King of Complaints to be able to blindly call them "lazy devs with sloppy code"?!?!?!

MY advice? STFU or do better. Stop complaining & enjoy the fact that there is such a strong community working this stuff out and that do it IN THEIR OWN TIME!
    limited knowledge = lazy code, if you dont know *** you doing then you should not code plan and simply *******, I not complaining, and i dont think this is an advice column
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    you read and agreed to the preware agreement before installing the patches, so there isn't much to complain about. You are also prompted to view the code for patches before it is installed. I woudn't say the devs are lazy, i would say the end user is lazy.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Do you have some specific examples?
    They have all been pulled one by one after people have had serious problems.

The problem is not so much bad code but how the patch interacts with other patches. It is impossible for a developer to test his/her patch with every other patch out there to see how they interact. This is usually where the problems arise. There is often a reason why Palm chose to comment out portions of code and usually its because the code is not yet stable.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevank View Post
    I think you said it all. Your a newbie... Pretty bold to just announce that preware and patches are the problem. I use them without issue. The problem is your lack of experience. Don't bad mouth things you clearly don't understand.
    and who exactly are you to tell me what i can badmouth and what i cant
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    and who exactly are you to tell me what i can badmouth and what i cant
    Someone who's clearly much more intelligent than you.
    there is one, but if you look you will see who figured out the problem, and stop sweating me son @ danman_6
    Last edited by alijahg34; 01/01/2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    There are so many patches that are coded improperly and slow down devices while creating bugs and incompatibility's. Smart users will wait a while before applying a patch to see if other users report problems after using the patch.
    So "smart" users should wait to see if (apparently by-definition) "less smart" users have problems with patches? I'm not slamming you, because your post is otherwise reasonable, but doesn't the above seem kinda silly?
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

TL;DR: Whiney tard used tools beyond his/her abilities, had problems, is now blaming said tools for his/her own ineptitude.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    and stop sweeting me son @ danman
    I have no idea what you just said
    This signature for rent
    LMAO!!! me too!!

I was gonna comment but i had to resist!
    Live free or DIE!
    sweating me aka get of my ball, not you Danman_6, but look for the thread it out there
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    They have all been pulled one by one after people have had serious problems.

The problem is not so much bad code but how the patch interacts with other patches. It is impossible for a developer to test his/her patch with every other patch out there to see how they interact. This is usually where the problems arise. There is often a reason why Palm chose to comment out portions of code and usually its because the code is not yet stable.

Which is the whole point of a community, People bringing ideas together, Others testing them out, and bringing a Temporary solutionuntil palm either updates this issue themselves, or disables these types of homebrew developments.
    sweating me aka get of my ball, not you Danman_6, but look for the thread it out there
    ball? lance armstrong has a pre!
    This signature for rent
    This is honestly the first post I've ever seen like this. Normally, I read how easy the process is and how most people shouldn't expect to run into any trouble.
    with all that said let me go now and Preware and Patche my Pre
    Please dont bring your fantasies into this forum. There are other websites for your looking for.
  20.    #100  
    with all that said let me go now and Preware and Patche my Pre
    yeah, me too
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast