Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Run a ton of patches all the time without any problems...

Considering you can't even have LED alerts without a patch, I doubt anybody is gonna follow this.
    ITA
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcG View Post
    Did you turn off the LED notification before doctoring the phone? Cause that was one of the instructions of removing that patch. If you followed the instructions, it wouldn't be flashing.
    i dont think you are reading me clear. are you reading what i did EPR do you even know what that is. I can see alot of you have no and I mean no schooling what so ever when it comes to software and hardware.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    If it wasnt for homebrew then the Pre would be close to useless. So there deserves some Palm bashing for missing simple things.

the most bashing is about hardware. i dont think there is any question that is justified.
    yeah, my phone is useless because my calendar starts in day mode instead of month view... give me a break
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    do your parents know your up past your bedtime
    Nice try. Coming from someone not smart enough to use homebrew when the devs go to great lengths to make everything clear.

And there are good patches that add lots of functions, like virtual keyboard or youtube video downloads.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    i dont think you are reading me clear. are you reading what i did EPR do you even know what that is. I can see alot of you have no and I mean no schooling what so ever when it comes to software and hardware.
    they know how to kiss the devs *** tho
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    OMG!
    I forgot to uninstall a theme and patches and the phone is fine. ( less a few patches). I didn't follow the instructions!? What should I do my phone is working fine!

I wouldn't call anyone developing patches lazy. How much time have you spent learning the language?

My thanks to everyone that "contributes" to this project.
    Do you even know what it is??
    EPR doesnt flick the switch of the led activation, it only removes the option to see it in your menu. so in other words, if you left the switch on and then you ran EPR, youll still get notifications.

so he tries to help you and you're still attacking?
    This signature for rent
    I got to partially agree with the OP. 99% of the problems reported here are partially caused by patches. I say partially because the real problem that people don't take the time to read the instructions relating to the patch or really take the time to understand what files the patch is modifying.

There are so many patches that are coded improperly and slow down devices while creating bugs and incompatibility's. Smart users will wait a while before applying a patch to see if other users report problems after using the patch.

I'm not really anti-patching but I do wish people would take the time to research a patch before applying it. I also wish some developers would take the time to test patches before releasing them.

I am not anti preware in anyway. I love that preware gives us access to hundreds of beta (homebrew) apps. People should understand that these beta applications are nothing like patches or themes and can not do harm to your device the way the latter can.

All I can say is there is nothing wrong with patching but people should beware of poorly written and untested patches. There are also many well written and well tested patches out there.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Yeah, you removed all of your patches, but if you left the notification slider on, it stays on when the patch is removed. Your right, I have no schooling in software, but I can install a bunch of patches and not have a problem, so I must be ahead of you.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    Nice try. Coming from someone not smart enough to use homebrew when the devs go to great lengths to make everything clear.

And there are good patches that add lots of functions, like virtual keyboard or youtube video downloads.
    i have big fingers and my keyboard works fine... no need to download a you tube video, when i can just go to youtube and watch it
    Alijahg34,

For someone, such as you, that writes so poorly to come on here talking about "bad code" is laughable. It's pretty obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about and are really bad at following directions. If you don't want your led notification on any more, you need to turn it off with the patch installed, then uninstall the patch. The patch is just so you can see the option to turn it on and off. You'd know that if you read the thread for that patch.

As for patching not being for everyone, that's pretty clear. If you're not bright enough to read through the threads before installing patches, then you shouldn't install them at all. Keep your pre stock, or perhaps better yet, stick to a feature phone.
    they know how to kiss the devs *** tho
    no one's forcing you to use the completely free resources the developers have spent time working on
    This signature for rent
    i have big fingers and my keyboard works fine... no need to download a you tube video, when i can just go to youtube and watch it
    Well good for you, then dont download any patches and come here and ***** because your too stupid to understand instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    There are so many patches that are coded improperly and slow down devices while creating bugs and incompatibility's. Smart users will wait a while before applying a patch to see if other users report problems after using the patch.
    Do you have some specific examples?
    they caused nothing but problems with my phone... since i doctored it back to health it runs great... no more downloading of preware or patches for me there are some serious bugs in them, and having to remove them every time you update is worse than what they attempt to cure..
    Preware and the Package Manager Service underneath allow you to install homebrew and advanced homebrew to your phone over-the-air. Installing Preware has no effect on how your Pre is running on a daily basis. So to lump Preware into your "problems" is most likely due to your misunderstanding of what Preware is and does.

As for patches, aside from the CPU scaling patches (that are clearly marked dangerous and contain warnings in the descriptions) you will be the first to report that a patch installed via Preware required a trip to the doctor.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I starting to think the same thing, nothing worst then lazy devs with sloppy code
    These devs are working with limited knowledge of the full system and are doing AMAZING things for WebOS!!!

What makes you the King of Complaints to be able to blindly call them "lazy devs with sloppy code"?!?!?!

MY advice? STFU or do better. Stop complaining & enjoy the fact that there is such a strong community working this stuff out and that do it IN THEIR OWN TIME!
    yeah, my phone is useless because my calendar starts in day mode instead of month view... give me a break
    Nice trivial patch you picked. Was your last phone a Razr?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    so he tries to help you and you're still attacking?
    i didnt say i needed any help I think I would start a thread if I need one, plus I used the word still when it was a past experience. But that said everyone will have different issue @ at different times. all this back and forth bashing is making at great start for the new year. But I am having problem with my contacts but that has nothing to do with a patch or preware.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Nice trivial patch you picked. Was your last phone a Razr?
    nextel 580 i, it was users like myself i was warning, not you self proclaimed it pro's
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast