Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I don't agree with any OP that warns everyone because of their bad experience. That being said I tried again this morning to get started with WebOS Quick Install on my MacBook and it would not proceed past the point where it thought it should download WebOS Doctor. I thought I'd help it along by downloading it myself. To no avail. WebOS Quick Install never got to first base even whle WebOS Doctor was running.

I'm an ex IT guy, but choose to stay stock with my pre because I just don't have the patience to try and debug this stuff.
  2.    #42  
    yeah simple instructions alright... one link says if that doesnt work go here and that one says if this doesnt work go here.. then if that doesnt work you need to download this, and then go back where you started.... real simple
    Mine run just fine! I have no issues. Thank you devs, thanks for all your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    troll.
    No question.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Quote Originally Posted by lepordgek View Post
    I agree, preware and the patches work great, but needing to reestablish and re-download all of the items erased during the update? It's just too cumbersome, and I believe that unless the internals group develops a tool making updating WebOS more efficiently (removing patches apps & themes, updating, and finally reinstalling the patches apps & themes) it would just make sense to not use the homebrew scene. Not that I don't appreciate their hard work, they are all doing great things for the platform, but I just don't think that hatchettjack isn't all wrong.
    Nope, he's only "wrong" on the part where he's talking about all of the apps being buggy, having to fix them every 5 minutes, not running right, having to wait for warnings, etc. The rest of the stuff he's pretty much on the mark on. Let's see, that left.... he had problems, and others should be careful. Yeah, that stuff, he's right about.
  6.    #46  
    i had problems, everyone please be careful, these phones are not cheap
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i see alot of people having problems, not just me
    I can say the same thing about stock Pre's. Using your reasoning people shouldn't buy Pre's at all. Some people have had bad experiences, so we should warn people not to buy them at all. Sorry you like your stock Pre hatchettjack, but you should return it because of the problems some others have had. Move onto to another phone. Just want to warn you and other unsuspecting buyers out there. The Pre developers were lazy and cheap.

This thread =
    I can't even Doctor my Pre successfully right now, none of my contact from Google account will not sync in properly, I still have the damn led patch flashing on my phone after the doctor, Device manager, and the damn EPR. so its a multitude of factory's
    and that patches aren't for him. thread completed!
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    lazy? why aren't you developing apps out of your own time and money? oh you aren't? weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I can say the same thing about stock Pre's. Using your reasoning people shouldn't buy Pre's at all. Some people have had bad experiences, so we should warn people not to buy them at all. Sorry you like your stock Pre hatchettjack, but you should return it because of the problems some others have had. Move onto to another phone. Just want to warn you and other unsuspecting buyers out there. The Pre developers were lazy and cheap.

This thread =
    nobody and i mean nobody said such a thing of not buying a Pre can you read thread coherently, it clearly says preware and patches, dont do it
  11.    #51  
    they all come on here and trash sprint and palm, but say something negative about homebrew and you are a troll, please
    rocknrollbandit your not helping him out. So i guess i will, we need detail on what you are using as far a OS 32bit or 64bit USB transfer rate, and the version of webos
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    I can't even Doctor my Pre successfully right now, none of my contact from Google account will not sync in properly, I still have the damn led patch flashing on my phone after the doctor, Device manager, and the damn EPR. so its a multitude of factory's
    Did you turn off the LED notification before doctoring the phone? Cause that was one of the instructions of removing that patch. If you followed the instructions, it wouldn't be flashing.
    they all come on here and trash sprint and palm, but say something negative about homebrew and you are a troll, please
    not a good look for the community where is the unity
    Gosh, heaven forbid we read instructions and comprehend at a sixth grade level. Patches and Preware isn't hard. I'm sixteen years old and my phone is completely fine.

Morons.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    Gosh, heaven forbid we read instructions and comprehend at a sixth grade level. Patches and Preware isn't hard. I'm sixteen years old and my phone is completely fine.

Morons.
    do your parents know your up past your bedtime
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    not a good look for the community where is the unity
    If it wasnt for homebrew then the Pre would be close to useless. So there deserves some Palm bashing for missing simple things.

the most bashing is about hardware. i dont think there is any question that is justified.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post

Morons.

And simply stated, if you cant take the heat, step out of the kitchen...
    this is obvious trolling... I would be happy to help otherwise
    This signature for rent
    do your parents know your up past your bedtime
    do your parents know you're never moving out of their basement?
    sorry had to do it
    This signature for rent
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast