Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I'd say the majority of the problems come from not reading the simple and extremely helpful instructions closely enough
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i see alot of people having problems, not just me
    yes. and 99% of them didnt follow directions.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    I starting to think the same thing, nothing worst then lazy devs with sloppy code
    What a ridiculous thing to say "Lazy devs". What do you think they get paid?

Why don't you study up, learn to program, and start producing apps for free,you lazy lay-about.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    To me, lazy is building a phone that doesn't even flash a light that is already there, to tell you that you missed a call or message. I haven't ran across one bad patch that I put on my phone yet.
    this thread was for the unsuspecting new pre owners, like myself... wish i had seen a thread like this before i downloaded...
    "Unsuspecting", as in unable to read the warnings and instructions?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcG View Post
    To me, lazy is building a phone that doesn't even flash a light that is already there, to tell you that you missed a call or message. I haven't ran across one bad patch that I put on my phone yet.
    how hard is it to check your missed call log.. takes 2 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    lazy? why aren't you developing apps out of your own time and money? oh you aren't? weird...
    I am thanks for asking, I am studying sonny, but for you guys to act like all devs on here are professional is a spit in the face of new users. Don't sit here and act like nobody is having a problem. But if you are a new user don't be burned by your experience just mention that people need to be careful
    Last edited by alijahg34; 01/01/2010 at 06:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I agree, preware and the patches work great, but needing to reestablish and re-download all of the items erased during the update? It's just too cumbersome, and I believe that unless the internals group develops a tool making updating WebOS more efficiently (removing patches apps & themes, updating, and finally reinstalling the patches apps & themes) it would just make sense to not use the homebrew scene. Not that I don't appreciate their hard work, they are all doing great things for the platform, but I just don't think that hatchettjack isn't all wrong.
  9.    #29  
    I am thinks for asking, I am studying sonny, but for you guys to act like all devs on here are professional is a spit in the face of new users. Don't sit here and act like nobody is having a problem. But if you are a new user don't be burned by your experience just mention that people need to be careful
    i thought that is what i was doing
    Quote Originally Posted by lepordgek View Post
    I agree, preware and the patches work great, but needing to reestablish and re-download all of the items erased during the update? It's just too cumbersome, and I believe that unless the internals group develops a tool making updating WebOS more efficiently (removing patches apps & themes, updating, and finally reinstalling the patches apps & themes) it would just make sense to not use the homebrew scene. Not that I don't appreciate their hard work, they are all doing great things for the platform, but I just don't think that hatchettjack isn't all wrong.
    uh? Then they wouldnt call it a "patch". a patch only works on an exact piece of code. once the OS changes you have to re-write the patch.

I am surprised Preware and such worked on release day quickly! thanks to the devs!
    Live free or DIE!
    @everyone, describe or list these simply instruction, you call him a troll but I think you are trolling him smdh.
    i thought that is what i was doing
    no, you aren't warning people to read the directions properly, you're saying that no one should use preware or patches because of your bad experience.
    This signature for rent
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    yes. and 99% of them didnt follow directions.
    we dont all sit here at the computer waiting for the new warnings you know
    @everyone, describe or list these simply instruction, you call him a troll but I think you are trolling him smdh.
    http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware
    This signature for rent
    Couldn't disagree more. The ability to add patches, and the Homebrew community are pretty outstanding. I haven't had any problems with the patches I've installed that I haven't created "myself."
    Last edited by Aaron Tee; 01/01/2010 at 09:05 PM.
    there aren't 'new' warnings.... they've been the same the whole time, which you would know if you've read...
    This signature for rent
    follow directions, if didnt follow direction i dont think he would be able to get on here and complain
    I was hesitant to hack my phone and liked it stock, but after following the homebrews and patches for a while I couldnt take it and hacked it. I love it even more and am thankful for the work the developers are doing. Hacking is not for every one but with a little care its fun.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    how hard is it to check your missed call log.. takes 2 seconds
    Not my point. My point was, it's a "smart phone" that lacks things that most other phones have: video recorder, missed call notification, etc.

I'm a new Pre owner myself and love the fact that I can add patches to allow my phone to do almost anything I want it to. And that's because of the developers here creating these patches and apps. I feel that your totally off-base calling them lazy, when they're mostly doing this for free out of their own time.
    Alot of patches clearly state "dont install if X patch is installed...". but i'm sure alot of users install everything anyway... then complain that it bricked their phone.

There are only a couple a "suspect" patches, and they are clearly marked "dangerous". total pwnage.
    Live free or DIE!
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast