Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 530
  1. MikeMcG's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    LOL! My 14 yr old daughter had a Rumor. I gave her my Pre that is heavily patched to use for a while. She didnt have any problems with it.
    I hear that Sprint One-Click has come a long way. These two would blow up a Rumor in a week.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    and most of them from new members (under 20 posts) that didnt read the instructions on how to install and which patches wont play nice w/ other patches.

    preware is for devs to create patches to make the pre work better for the individual user. Not all patches work for everybody.

    I personally dont like theming, there is no one checking themes for compatibility but Im not on here saying theming is going to brick your phone.

    Themes and patches should be used by an educated and competent person who is willing to test things on there phone for the betterment of the community....They are not a be all end all solution.

    They are open source so you (well not you exactly because I dont think you have the ability or intellect) can modify them as needed or make them more compatible, as well as allow palm to use them as necessary to improve the device.

    No one twisted your arm to use them and starting this thread just to inflame people does indeed make you a TROLL!
    they caused nothing but problems with my phone... since i doctored it back to health it runs great... no more downloading of preware or patches for me there are some serious bugs in them, and having to remove them every time you update is worse than what they attempt to cure..

    how is what i stated inflaming any one.. nothing but my own experiences
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    ok case study #1

    hatchettjack and alijahg34 "claim" to not have success with patching.

    Their solution - To Tell the whole world patching is useless and will destroy their phones.

    Precentral community - Please give examples of the patches and problems you were having.

    Their response - You are gay, you like balls, I dont have to tell you I am 5 years old.

    My response - my 5 year old could install patches with no problem.

    Solution - ? help me out here because I cant find one.
    I thanked you simply because you have a great Avatar!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcG View Post
    I hear that Sprint One-Click has come a long way. These two would blow up a Rumor in a week.
    looks a little too much like touchflo 3d
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    and the same goes for you
    nope not patching anymore naw im lying, I do like that download youtube patch, but i think it would have been better for him to rag on palm use of open source then to get on the bad patch bandwagon
  6. #246  
    i have to read everything you say 2 or 3 times to understand it, its so bad haha
  7. #247  
    we buy them iphones?
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I thanked you simply because you have a great Avatar!
    this coming from guys using a virtual keyboard on a 3" screen
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by GnR13 View Post
    i have to read everything you say 2 or 3 times to understand it, its so bad haha
    it takes about 7 pages to learn how to translate
    This signature for rent
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by GnR13 View Post
    i have to read everything you say 2 or 3 times to understand it, its so bad haha
    +1
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    this coming from guys using a virtual keyboard on a 3" screen
    quoting fail!
    This signature for rent
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    this coming from guys using a virtual keyboard on a 3" screen
    because the pre totally doesnt have a hardware keyboard
  13. MikeMcG's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    they caused nothing but problems with my phone... since i doctored it back to health it runs great... no more downloading of preware or patches for me there are some serious bugs in them, and having to remove them every time you update is worse than what they attempt to cure..

    how is what i stated inflaming any one.. nothing but my own experiences
    How about because you told everyone not to do it because you failed. You also called the developers lazy. If you have to remove them before an update, who cares. If you don't want to do it, than don't. But to tell everyone else not to is stupid. If you read enough here before putting patches onto your phone, you would know that you need to remove them before any updates. You are the definition of Epic Fail.
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    this coming from guys using a virtual keyboard on a 3" screen
    and dont forget their calendar fix
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    go ask Dieter Bohn

    plus if a patch is such a good piece of coding then why is there a need to remove all patches before upgrading dumb a** that goes for any/everyone
    I believe this was already explained to you but here goes again.....

    Patches need to be uninstalled because Palm changes coding to better improve the software. If the patches are not removed the new coding plays badly with the patches. Therefore patches need to be reinstalled. This is not about how bad the patches are written, because if they were they would never work. You my friend, and i use that term lightly, should be using a "dumb" phone so that there is no possible way for you to screw it up.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    this coming from guys using a virtual keyboard on a 3" screen
    Epic FAIL
    Live free or DIE!
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    And you are one of the trolls.
    who did i troll not that trolling is a bad thing, i would not be here if i was not having a good time
  18. MikeMcG's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by GnR13 View Post
    we buy them iphones?
    We tried that about 7 pages ago. Maybe Boost Mobile?
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    I believe this was already explained to you but here goes again.....

    Patches need to be uninstalled because Palm changes coding to better improve the software. If the patches are not removed the new coding plays badly with the patches. Therefore patches need to be reinstalled. This is not about how bad the patches are written, because if they were they would never work. You my friend, and i use that term lightly, should be using a "dumb" phone so that there is no possible way for you to screw it up.
    They may need a StarTac... or maybe a Bag Phone.
    Live free or DIE!
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    they caused nothing but problems with my phone... since i doctored it back to health it runs great... no more downloading of preware or patches for me there are some serious bugs in them, and having to remove them every time you update is worse than what they attempt to cure..

    how is what i stated inflaming any one.. nothing but my own experiences
    Is there an echo in here?

    You have to remove them everytime because the code is specific to the version#. The code must be repatched to work in subsequent versions.

    If you had researched you would know as of 1.3.5 ( within a week or so) there will be an updated patching system in place so you will not have to run EPR and re patch it will be automatically done by Preware.

    Us lazy devs will still have to update the patches but you will not have to do anything. Wow I just realized that makes you the lazy one huh!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions