1.    #1  
    I did a search and came up with nothing. I used to be able to check internet, email etc. while talking on a phone call but now it says that I don't have an internet connection. Am I missing something? Is this something new? I checked all my data configurations and nothing seems any different than before.
    CDMA doesn't allow this. But you can use both at the same time if you're on wifi.
  3.    #3  
    never noticed until today... for some reason
    I wonder how I used to send email while I was on my Centro with Sprint? I used to do it all the time, now I find out it couldn't be done.

Could it have been because it was quad band?
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    I wonder how I used to send email while I was on my Centro with Sprint? I used to do it all the time, now I find out it couldn't be done.

Could it have been because it was quad band?
    if anything, it didnt send the data/email until you hung up.
    Like chud said! it didnt happen! CDMA has never been capable of doing this. Quad band has nothing to do with whether or not you can do data and voice at the same time. The band means you can use different carriers and not be tied to one just because you bought the phone from them.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I beleive that EVDO rev A actually has the capability to do Voice and Data at the same time, but Sprint & Verizon choose not to implement it in their towers. When you get a call the DATA channel is put into a dormant state until the call ends, this works fairly well. AT&T with GSM can do both at the same time
    I have had interesting things happen, I have an instinct, it can't do GPS Sprint Nav and get a phone call....till 1.3.5 I could do GPS Nav in Pre and get phone calls, now calls just goes to voicemail. Maybe I am just hitting it wrong time, but I used to get phone calls during GPS all the time.
    when I was traveling over the holidays I was getting phones while using gps. Surprised me because I couldn't on my last sprint phone.
    I have sent txt msgs and talked at the same time...
    Pardon if I am wrong, but texting isnt necessarily data-usage. Here, the issue is more like calling and surfing at the same time, or GPS as one mentioned...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I did gps and recieved phone calls (sprint nav) back in 1.3.1 on a trip to Dallas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I have sent txt msgs and talked at the same time...
    Text messages go over the voice (1X) channel.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
    I did gps and recieved phone calls (sprint nav) back in 1.3.1 on a trip to Dallas.
    You can use both GPS and phone at the same time, however, as already posted, you can't use data. That means that you would need to set up your route in sprint nav before place, or taking a phone call. When you first enter an address, or request a search in sprint nav, it uses data to find the results. Then it switches using only gps. So just remember, nav first, call second and you will be fine.