1.    #1  
    First off, a Happy New Year to everyone out there. May 2010 bring good health, joy and happiness to you, your family and friends.

My Pre got updated by my son who was trying to be helpful but was unaware that the phone had Preware, etc.

Now, I tried to plug my phone into the PC via USB and use the WebOS Quick Install, and when I went to install, I got the following:

No Device Detected
    Please connect your device then hit "OK"

If anyone can kindly assist me with this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
    have you made sure developer mode is on?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    have you made sure developer mode is on?
    I have tried to turn on the developer mode on again by using the Contra code and it does nothing and when I hit enter, it opens up to a Google Search of the Contra code.
    make sure its upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and dont press anything it will pop open the dev mode then u can select it and a hint make sure u download over preware or quickinstall the dev icon so u dont have to type it in everytime u wanna shut if of or on. if that doesnt work u preobably have to doctor ur phone if u did the update without removing ur patches ur probably need to doctor ur pre. u nedd to remove the patches before updating software it important
  5.    #5  
    I have typed in the Contra code and not pressed anything, but the Dev Mode does not pop up at all. I downloaded the webOS Doctor, but it does not detect the Pre via USB. I can charge it, and I can access the Pre's HD thru the USB, but it will not see the Pre when I am in webOS Doctor.

Thank you kkumar99 and dante501 for your suggestions. If anyone else has another suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Have you tried the other code? "webos20090606"...hope it works.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Have you tried the other code? "webos20090606"...hope it works.
    kkumar99, this is a no go as well, it does exactly the same thing as the Contra code. Thank you for your advice.

If anyone else out there in Pre nation has any suggestions, ideas, etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
  8.    #8  
    I tried again this morning to run webOS Doctor and I get the following Windows error once it starts to check the system.

System Information

System Information has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

When I click to see what the data error report contains, the following is listed:

EventType: BEX
    P1: systeminfo.exe
    P2: 5.1.2600.5512
    P3: 480253d6
    P4: systeminfo.exe
    P5: 5.1.2600.5512
    P6: 480253d6
    P7: 0000bece
    P8: c0000409
    P9: 00000000

Still unable to run either webOS Repair Utility or webOS Doctor 2.96. Both still give me the "no device found" error. While I can connect the Pre via USB to the computer, and it will charge the unit and I am also able to do the media sync as well as the USB drive when I plug the Pre into the system.

Hopefully someone out there can help me get the phone back to normal (if possible).
    i had to go to the palm website and start a chat with a tech. he had me me download the newest version of the doctor and it worked.. tech will get you running in no time
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i had to go to the palm website and start a chat with a tech. he had me me download the newest version of the doctor and it worked.. tech will get you running in no time
    The version I downloaded yesterday from their site is:

Palm webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build Sprint.169.219, webOS 1.3.5

Would this be the same version that you received from them, hatchettjack?

Thank you for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by testforechoes View Post
    First off, a Happy New Year to everyone out there. May 2010 bring good health, joy and happiness to you, your family and friends.

My Pre got updated by my son who was trying to be helpful but was unaware that the phone had Preware, etc.

Now, I tried to plug my phone into the PC via USB and use the WebOS Quick Install, and when I went to install, I got the following:

No Device Detected
    Please connect your device then hit "OK"

If anyone can kindly assist me with this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
    Try the thread, "In case you can't get the webOS Doctor to work.."
    Here are few of the first steps, but there are others if this doesn't work:
    1. Pull the battery from your phone, then replace it. Do not turn it on.
    2. While holding the Volume Up button, plug the phone into a wall charger. You should get a big USB symbol on the screen.
    3. Reboot your PC. Do not connect the phone yet.
    4. Run the webOS Doctor program. Click Ok/Next until you get to the part where it wants you to connect the phone.
    5. Connect the phone. It may take a few minutes for the Next button to become active if it is the first time you are doing this as the drivers have to load.
    6. It'll take about 20-30 minutes to complete.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Try the thread, In case you can't get the webOS Doctor to work..[/URL]"
    Here are few of the first steps, but there are others if this doesn't work:
    1. Pull the battery from your phone, then replace it. Do not turn it on.
    2. While holding the Volume Up button, plug the phone into a wall charger. You should get a big USB symbol on the screen.
    3. Reboot your PC. Do not connect the phone yet.
    4. Run the webOS Doctor program. Click Ok/Next until you get to the part where it wants you to connect the phone.
    5. Connect the phone. It may take a few minutes for the Next button to become active if it is the first time you are doing this as the drivers have to load.
    6. It'll take about 20-30 minutes to complete.
    Thanks for the info, bdhu2001.
    Still stuck with the same problem. It looks like from what I have been reading in other posts that I will need to wait until the updated version of WebOS Repair Utility to resolve this problem.

Thanks to everyone who tried to assist me in this issue.
    I had the same problem until I opened the dev mode. It still did it a few times after, I just kept trying.
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    Still stuck with the same problem. It looks like from what I have been reading in other posts that I will need to wait until the updated version of WebOS Repair Utility to resolve this problem.

I bought my wife a new pixi on ebay and had the problem where I couldn't sign in to activate the palm profile and webos doctor would not recognize my phone. The above mentioned thread did fix the problem...did you get the usb symbol on your phone when holding the up button on starting up while plugged in the your computer? It took me a couple tries to get the usb symbol, but once I got that, webos doctor for the pixi recognized the phone.

If you can't get the doctor to recognize your phone, I don't think you'll be able to connect and use Repair Utility either. There is another thread called Manual hard reset?, but your problem sounds more like needing to use the doctor. Have you updated to the current Java? If so, try the usb symbol and if you can't get that to work, contact sprint for your MSL# or Master subsidy number and then follow the directions in the manual hard reset thread.
    I tried again this morning to run webOS Doctor and I get the following Windows error once it starts to check the system.

System Information

System Information has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    The first time I tried running WebOS Doctor, I got this same error ("System Information has encountered a problem"). NOTE: I got this error while WebOS Doctor was checking system requirements, which is BEFORE it even prompts me to plug the phone in. Of course, I had never run the Doctor before, and since the error freezes the Doctor, there was no way for me to know at what point I should be plugging my phone in. The WebOS Doctor Help (which is FAQ based, not step-by-step) didn't make it clear at what point I would be plugging my phone in either, so I tried it all different ways.

I finally found this helpful page with screenshots of how WebOS Doctor should proceed: OOPS... I'm haven't posted enough on this forum to include a link yet. Just google, "revert your phone to webos" and go to the palm support article with that title (it is a tutorial about a previous version of WebOS Doctor).

Long story short, in my case the "system information" error had nothing to do with plugging my phone in or having it in recovery mode (but fyi, the article I referenced above also has very clear directions on getting the phone into recovery mode).

I finally uninstalled WebOS Doctor, restarted my computer, reinstalled WebOS Doctor, and tried again, which worked. I know my response here doesn't give you much information about the "system information" error, but I just wanted to share my experience that it had nothing to do with plugging the phone in.

Hope that helps!