1.    #1  
    After updating my German o2 to 1.3.5 (exchanging webos.jar + fresh install with WebOSDoctor), I'm still having the beta sign in the App Catalog and a very low number of apps.

So I'm starting to wonder where the whole App Catalog thing is controlled from. I started searching trough the source files a bit but couln't find anything.

Does anyone know if there's actually some setting or files that decide "App Catalog beta"/"Full App Catalog" or even a possibility to get the full number of apps like in the U.S.?

Thanks.
    Your country is determined when you create the Palm Profile, and is based on the SIM card used (or carrier connected to if CDMA) at the time of Palm Profile creation.

I suppose it might be possible to unlock US apps on a GSM Pre if you create a Palm Profile while using a T-Mobile USA or AT&T SIM card, but even then there are no guarantees that Palm would recognize those carriers as they don't carry the Pre.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  3.    #3  
    Alright thanks so far.
    What I don't unterstand: Why do I still have the beta App Catalog using 1.3.5, isn't that controlled on the phone app itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealy View Post
    Alright thanks so far.
    What I don't unterstand: Why do I still have the beta App Catalog using 1.3.5, isn't that controlled on the phone app itself?
    No, the App Catalogue is a function call that basically loads the current 'online' version of the App Catalogue as controlled by your service provider. So until your service provider decides to open up access to the full app catalogue there is not much that can be done.

Updating to 1.3.5 doesn't change this behaviour.
  5.    #5  
    Okay, case closed.
    Thank you!