Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    ***THERE IS A QUESTION********So at 3:30 am i stumbled out of passenger side of my car and swoooop goes my phone off my lap into a puddle of snow/slush. All i can think of is "The Christmas Story " movie FUDGE but i didn't say fudge.......So i pick my phone off wipe it off and all of a sudden it attempts to go into the power option where u can reset turn off or airplane mode. I pull battery let sit over night now its working like a charm. My question is is there a spot on the phone which indicates if there has been water damage to the phone????????? just in case of anything .I know on centro they were lacking at first then installed on battery now on there refurbs they put them on the unit itself...
  2. #2  
    The gold color on the antenna array turns green, you can veiw it with the battery cover off.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyadagod View Post
    ***THERE IS A QUESTION********So at 3:30 am i stumbled out of passenger side of my car and swoooop goes my phone off my lap into a puddle of snow/slush. All i can think of is "The Christmas Story " movie FUDGE but i didn't say fudge.......So i pick my phone off wipe it off and all of a sudden it attempts to go into the power option where u can reset turn off or airplane mode. I pull battery let sit over night now its working like a charm. My question is is there a spot on the phone which indicates if there has been water damage to the phone????????? just in case of anything .I know on centro they were lacking at first then installed on battery now on there refurbs they put them on the unit itself...
    if you drop it in water or snow again put it in some rice that works better.
  4. Jersie's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #4  
    This is a TRUE STORY lol - I came home from the club one night turned my sink on to get the water hott to wash my face I set my phone on side of sink walked into kitchen got some water drank it.. walked back and my phone had been sitting UNDER the water - and water was being poured right on top of it! I snatched it out took off battery and blew dried with my hair dryier on low heat and it works fine LOL!
  5. rayln's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #5  
    there's a moisture sensor sticker on the back.

    it's a white square, turns pink or reddish when wet.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    The gold color on the antenna array turns green, you can veiw it with the battery cover off.
    gold that turns green? is it copper or something? is that what they are using to tell if people have a wet phone when they try to say it quit working?
  7. #7  
    my wife got fairly drunk last night and got in a bad mood (it was not my fault, really). a friend of ours called to wish a happy new year and figuring he would calm her down i gave her my pre.

    for what ever reason she got more mad and threw my phone across the house well into the connecting room.



    i was ****ed

    it works just fine.

    she had found a protector case for .01 on amazon and a screen protector for the same price and gave it to me for xmas. yea actually just spent .02 cent on me for xmas. thank god or my phone would have been trashed.
    Pre be with you.

    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

    Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    The gold color on the antenna array turns green, you can veiw it with the battery cover off.

    Do you mean the gold thing that is outlining the whole phone basically?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    there's a moisture sensor sticker on the back.

    it's a white square, turns pink or reddish when wet.
    On a palm Pre, b/c i dont see any....?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    my wife got fairly drunk last night and got in a bad mood (it was not my fault, really). a friend of ours called to wish a happy new year and figuring he would calm her down i gave her my pre.

    for what ever reason she got more mad and threw my phone across the house well into the connecting room.



    i was ****ed

    it works just fine.

    she had found a protector case for .01 on amazon and a screen protector for the same price and gave it to me for xmas. yea actually just spent .02 cent on me for xmas. thank god or my phone would have been trashed.
    I'm looking up divorce lawyers for you RIGHT NOW!!
  11. rayln's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyadagod View Post
    On a palm Pre, b/c i dont see any....?
    at least the asurion replacements carry them.
    I assume fresh ones have a sticker somewhere, it's standard on phones nowadays.
  12. #12  
    Last night, while getting out of a friends car to pull out money for new years, I (for some stupid reason) forgot that i had placed my pre on my lap, instead of my pockets, so when i jumped outta the car, so did my pre! i was devastated as it landed on its touch screen on the asphault... Now im left with a nice scratch/dent right in the middle of my poor pre! FML
  13. #13  
    I've only dropped mine twice...luckily I have a hard case on it so no scratches or anything. I won't even hold my pre unless I have the case on it (too slippery without it!). It takes away some of the beauty from the phone but oh well.
  14. #14  
    i threw my pre against the ground... no case no protection just a nakedly exposed pre .. i now have a nice asurion refurb that seems to be alot sturdier than my last one.. even after i had scraped the pieces together..

    btw its nice to note that the smashed pre still worked!! it was just in pieces .. the screen turned on , gesture area worked usb worked ... i connected my phone to WOQI backed up my PalmDatabase.db3 file backed up my phone in usb mode , transfered everything to the new phone and BAM!!
    like nothing ever happened. Asurion overnighted me the phone , little white square for moister damage ... thats easily removed lol.

    but w/e.

    Happy New Years!!!
  15. #15  
    New years day i woke up and went to go down stairs to use the bathroom ,on my way i fell down the stairs with my Pre in my hand it took a second for me to get up my body was fine no broken legs no broken arms God is good but i picked my phone up and realized it had a crack in the inside on the screen now when i touch it it does not respond now that is a hundred doller deductible Happy New Year to me.........
  16. #16  
    there is a indicator in the pre. the indicator is easier to find in the pixi. there is a copper sticker around the back of the phone. if liquid hits it then it builds corrosion and chances are you will be referred to good ole asurion. best of luck, peace dyna

Posting Permissions