1.    #1  
    Okay this is really frustrating and weird.

Everytime I am on a call with someone, or trying to listen to my voicemail, or whatever, if I put the phone on my right ear, I constantly hang up on people. If I put the phone on my left ear, It only happens sometimes. Isnt there anyway to lock the screen so that I cant accidently press any buttons on the touchscreen or what? I have the patch where you press the power button to end calls, but it's like you can end calls by using the touchscreen as well!!!! Heeelpp me....
    Maybe they're hangin' up on YOU! Hahahaheheh.
    Could your proximity sensor not be working properly? Try making a phone call to your voicemail and then placing your hand over the screen, not touching and see if the screen goes black. If it does then it seems to be working fine, if it doesn't you should restart the device and exhibit the behavior then.

Also try running the interactive test for the sensor

1. Launch device info
    2. Select menu and interactive test
    3. Then select screen

Run the tests and see if the proximity sensor test passes
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    the screen has a proximity sensor, which is there for the very reason you describe. Maybe your proximity sensor is malfunctioning. Take it into your service provider or contact them telephonically to see if they can give you a new pre.
    sometimes this happens to me, but only if I have the kb is open when I'm talking. Is ur kb open when ur on a call?
    This happens to me too. And it will sometimes put a caller on hold and dial their number again. I end up clicking "End all calls" and re-dialing them. I think my proximity sensor is broke, based on the interactive test. I'm going to a Bell store this week to get it fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by alp1984 View Post
    Okay this is really frustrating and weird.

Everytime I am on a call with someone, or trying to listen to my voicemail, or whatever, if I put the phone on my right ear, I constantly hang up on people. If I put the phone on my left ear, It only happens sometimes. Isnt there anyway to lock the screen so that I cant accidently press any buttons on the touchscreen or what? I have the patch where you press the power button to end calls, but it's like you can end calls by using the touchscreen as well!!!! Heeelpp me....
    I'd first remove that particular patch to see if it is the culprit.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Your ear is clicking on the end call lol.

Just kidding, should take it it and have it repaired.

Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by alp1984 View Post
    ...I put the phone on my right ear, I constantly hang up on people ... I have the patch where you press the power button to end calls
    Since it only happens on the right ear and not the left, I bet you dollars to doughnuts that you are bumping the power button somehow when putting the phone to your ear and that is why it is hanging up, that can be the ONLY reason why it happens on the right ear and not the left. Seriously, the Pre doesn't have ear recognition software to know which ear you are putting the phone up to.