Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Well, i tried to install the newest Firmware, by editing the webosdoctor-file. At 60% the recovery failed and now the phone doesn't boot only the palm-logo without the glowing. What shall i do now? The webosdoctor don't find my pre..

Please help..
    Last edited by Nouty; 01/01/2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouty View Post
    Well, i tried to install the newest Firmware, by editing the webosdoctor-file. At 60% the recovery failed and now the phone doesn't only the palm-logo without the glowing. What shall i do now? The webosdoctor don't find my pre..

Please help..
    I had the same problem just last night. I took the battery out for the night. This morning I put the battery back in and it booted up just fine.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    When the phone powers up hold down the increase volume button (top volume button) and it should go into USB mode. You will see the USB sign on the Pre. The Pre probably will not appear as a hard drive on your computer, but WebOS doctor should recognize it anyway and you should be able to doctor it back to the original settings. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Okay, WebosDoctor doesn't find my pre.. the volume-buttons does nothing at all und the power-button (which should shut down my cellphone) does nothing, too.

So I put out the battery and wait until tomorrow if something changed.

Thx for the answers,

Nouty
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Good to see more Germans here. Here is another suggestion if you can't wait or if it does not work tomorrow. It sounds like you may not have novacom installed. The quickest way to get it is to install the SDK from this link. Make sure you follow the steps and also install java and virtual box.
    SDK Download

I had a very similar issue and this is the thread I used to fix it. After novacom is installed WebOS will properly read the pre after holding down the volume button to bring it to USB Mode. Again, just read through this thread. It worked for me on Tuesday.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gnize-pre.html
    Last edited by qst4; 01/01/2010 at 01:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Good to see more Germans here. Here is another suggestion if you can't wait or if it does not work tomorrow. It sounds like you may not have novacom installed. The quickest way to get it is to install the SDK from this link. Make sure you follow the steps and also install java and virtual box.

I had a very similar issue and this is the thread I used to fix it. After novacom is installed WebOS will properly read the pre after holding down the volume button to bring it to USB Mode. Again, just read through this thread. It worked for me on Tuesday.
    Done
    Last edited by Nouty; 01/01/2010 at 02:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Well.. I've followed every step which was postet there.. but I can't get anything.. the Palm-Logo appears and nothing happenes.. I'm sure I followed all steps..

But there appears none USB-Logo..
    Are you currently using a proper version of your correct webosDR or are you still using the edited version you mentioned in your original post? Just thinking that may be the issue, if you haven't already I would start with a clean download of your correct version.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Are you currently using a proper version of your correct webosDR or are you still using the edited version you mentioned in your original post? Just thinking that may be the issue, if you haven't already I would start with a clean download of your correct version.
    The Problem is, the WebOSDoctor stopped to work at.. 60%, had an error. Now my Pre DOESN'T boot up and nothing, which normally should work (hold down volume button...) doesn't work.. well, I don't know if the Service Hotline is on Saturdays avaible, but i try to reach them, if nobody knows what I've got to do..
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I agree. I think it may be the edited WebOS Doctor. Just curious, Why are you using an edited one? Is the regular one not available overseas?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I agree. I think it may be the edited WebOS Doctor. Just curious, Why are you using an edited one? Is the regular one not available overseas?
    If I use the regular one.. nothing changes. I've got both on my pc.
    Also, make sure your battery is fully charged...or at least a decent charge.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Also, make sure your battery is fully charged...or at least a decent charge.
    The battery is full and i don't think my pc doesn't recognize my pre if it's empty..
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I'm sorry Nouty. I can't think of anything else other than redoing the steps. It took me a couple of times to get it right. If I come across anything else, I'll let you know.
    Not that it helps, but I'm having exactly the same issue. I tried doing a "Full erase" the last time I could get it to boot, but now it just sits at the Palm logo.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    OMG.. the last times I hold the volume down-button, with the volume up-button, it works.