1.    #1  
    ok, basically, i tell my Pre to "just charge" to the computer so that i can use webos quick install so i can put Preware back onto my Pre. well. . . when i tell it to "just charge" the Pre will do just that, it shows that it is charging, but the computer does not show that there is anything connected to it so when i tell quick install to connect to my device, it says none is connected.. it has been doing this since i got the phone, but usualy it was because i forgot to turn the novacom service on. but this time, since the 1.3.5 update, it doesn't matter what settings i have on, it will not connect... only way that i have been able to, is by taking the battery out of the phone (wont work if i use shut down) and press the volume up button while i put the battery back in, and then plug it into the computer. the USB symbol pops onto the screen, and it shows its connected. but when i use quick install, it freezes and i have to shut down to get it working again. also, for some reason usb mode and media mode still work perfectly fine, its just this damn "just charge"!
    Have you turn on Dev Mode?
    i am having the same problem, try rebooting your computer or it might be the novacom drivers. when i plug mine in it doesn't even give me options it just goes directly to charge as if i ad plugged it into a wall or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettdini View Post
    i am having the same problem, try rebooting your computer or it might be the novacom drivers. when i plug mine in it doesn't even give me options it just goes directly to charge as if i ad plugged it into a wall or something.
    I had the same issue after I upgraded to 1.3.5, by any chance are you using Windows 7? A few reboots of the pre and one of the pc resolved the issue though I can't explain how or why.
    I am having the same problem with the desktop (vista) on which I used QI to uninstall my patches just before the update. It was fine immediately before but now just charging and does not recognize the Pre. Clearly the data connection is not connecting. I don't get even the option to choose "USB" "just chargw" etc so it may NOT be a novacom or QI problem.

BUT I also had QI installed on my laptop (win 7) and it's working fine there. So ultimate solution.....get a new computer!
    Try deleting the drivers from your PC and letting it reinstall the next time you hook up?
    I've had this problem happen to me twice, and it turned out to be the cable. On Linux I would get this weird error over and over again if I ran novacomd from the command line. I don't know how it happened, but somehow the computer stopped detecting the phone over the USB cable. I bought a new pair of cables from Monoprice and it started to work again, until it stopped working. I haven't tried the other cable again to see if I can get it to go.

I would try using another USB cable. I don't know why it happens, but that's what I'm seeing on my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I had the same issue after I upgraded to 1.3.5, by any chance are you using Windows 7? A few reboots of the pre and one of the pc resolved the issue though I can't explain how or why.
    i'm on a mac, so i'm using OS X 10.5 and it won't work, i don't know why though, and now even if i do reboot the phone and my macbook it won't work.