Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Is there a way to install the newest WebOs on a german Pre? The WebOs-Doctor doesn't work anymore.. i think.

Thx for your help
    Nouty
    I'm trying this as I speak: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2119911 on my unlocked german Pre. Rebooting now...

Edit: Seems be working!
    Last edited by frause; 01/01/2010 at 07:39 AM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    I'm trying this as I speak: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2119911 on my unlocked german Pre. Rebooting now...

Edit: Seems be working!

seems !? you will make my day if you just say its ok ,,, :-)

do you recommend doing it, is it working good for you so far? , i mean will i brick the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
    seems !? you will make my day if you just say its ok ,,, :-)

do you recommend doing it, is it working good for you so far? , i mean will i brick the Pre?
    Hehe! All I can say after 20 min. of use is:

* my email and calendars seems to be working
    * The YouTube icon in the launcher is blank. (Just the icon. The app works)
    * The app catalog (in sweden) blank. I used to have some of the free apps.

I don't think you will brick your pre testing this, but who knows?

EDIT: It blanks your usb-storage partition (/media/internal), so make sure you backup data.
    Last edited by frause; 01/01/2010 at 08:01 AM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I try this.. now

Get the Versions from here: webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions

Extract the Sprint-Doctor -> put webos.tar (in ressources) to the German-Version..

Hope it works

Edit: Got an Error at 60%..
    Last edited by Nouty; 01/01/2010 at 08:46 AM.
    Just tried this with a German o2, seems to be working.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealy View Post
    Just tried this with a German o2, seems to be working.
    If this happenes.. if done something stupid.. is the process over 70%?
    It worked after my third try. The first two times it said something like "device unplugged" in the console (started the jar from console with java -jar webos...jar). After restarting the "Palm Novacom" service in Windows it then worked and went to 100% saying its finished.

As far as I've seen it, the German translation isn't fully included, only some strings like "Bearbeiten" (Edit). Luckily I don't care much about this.
    As far as I've seen it, the German translation isn't fully included, only some strings like "Bearbeiten" (Edit). Luckily I don't care much about this.
    Does your wallpaper setting stick between reboots? Mine keeps changing back to the default. Other than that, the only thing not working is the app catalog.

I'm using a custom downloaded wallpaper, it doesn't change after rebooting. The only odd thing I noticed that the app catalog only shows 44 apps right now. Can anyone confirm that this is also the case with 1.3.1? Thanks.
    I'm using a custom downloaded wallpaper, it doesn't change after rebooting. The only odd thing I noticed that the app catalog only shows 44 apps right now. Can anyone confirm that this is also the case with 1.3.1? Thanks.

My app catalog shows 0 apps. I'm located in Sweden and have a swedish carrier.

Maybe I should try hard resetting...

My app catalog shows 0 apps. I'm located in Sweden and have a swedish carrier.

Maybe I should try hard resetting...
    How many were there before the update? I had something around 70 if I remember corretly.
    I think had more than 70. 80-90 maybe? I'm not sure.

Missing out on a few free apps doesn't bother me as much as my wallpaper problem right now, though.

However, not having access to the full catalogue DOES annoy me. A lot. Palm?
    I think had more than 70. 80-90 maybe? I'm not sure.

Missing out on a few free apps doesn't bother me as much as my wallpaper problem right now, though.

However, not having access to the full catalogue DOES annoy me. A lot. Palm?
    Have you tried setting a custom wallpaper like I did?
    Have you tried setting a custom wallpaper like I did?
    Not sure what you mean. I select a wallpaper from /media/internal/wallpapers/ in "Screen & Lock". The pre then copies that file to /media/internal/.wallpapers/ and sets it as a wallpaper. When I reboot it uses the default from /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/flowers.png as defined in /etc/palm/defaultPreferences.txt.

Edit: For future reference:
    I fixed the wallpaper thing by a Full erase -> webosdoctor-1.3.1 (by mistake) -> webosdoctor-1.3.1/1.3.5.
    Last edited by frause; 01/02/2010 at 06:42 AM.
    Not sure what you mean. I select a wallpaper from /media/internal/wallpapers/ in "Screen & Lock". The pre then copies that file to /media/internal/.wallpapers/ and sets it as a wallpaper. When I reboot it uses the default from /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/flowers.png as defined in /etc/palm/defaultPreferences.txt.
    Custom as in downloading some image from the internet and setting it as wallpaper, not using one of the built in ones.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Tried it again and it worked! My complete Pre is in english.. but i don't care about that

Edit: App Catalog works also fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouty View Post
    Tried it again and it worked! My complete Pre is in english.. but i don't care about that

Edit: App Catalog works also fine
    Good to hear!
    How many apps do you get in the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Good to hear!
    How many apps do you get in the App Catalog?