1.    #1  
    I dropped my palm pre and the front screen chipped on the side in front of the lock button. Ever since then the lock button doesn't work. i have insurance for my palm but i heard to replace or fix it there is a 50 dollar charge. Is this true. In the past with all other phones either lost or broken i was never charged the first time. can someone inform me about either a way to fix it or what to do with sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz7809 View Post
    I dropped my palm pre and the front screen chipped on the side in front of the lock button. Ever since then the lock button doesn't work. i have insurance for my palm but i heard to replace or fix it there is a 50 dollar charge. Is this true. In the past with all other phones either lost or broken i was never charged the first time. can someone inform me about either a way to fix it or what to do with sprint.
    No, $50 is a lie.. it's $100 for smartphones via Asurion.

If you dropped it, and put the cracks into the device, it is your fault, user error and that's where the $100 deductible with Asurion comes into play. If it was a manufacture malfunction, or error, Sprint would swap you on the spot.

But they will see this as user abuse, and will give you a little paper with Asurion's info on it.

In some cases, few have been able to get theirs replaced regardless via Sprint Repair Center.. It's a long shot, but worth it I guess. Give it a shot, the worse they can say is.. No.
  3.    #3  
    thanks ill bring it to the store see what they say hopefully they replace it but if not i guess theres 100 dollars out of my pocket
    Not sure if what I've done applies to you too. I have a business account and seems like they treat me better than my friends with their individual accounts. Not sure if that's why they take good care of me.
    I used to have a BB and while it was under the 1 year warranty they replaced the phone 6 times due to keyboard malfunctioning (at the store they told me it was moisture and I had to pay the insurance deductible, but didn't). I don't like to go to the Sprint Store so I always call the Support Center.