1.    #1  
    appologies if this is not the right forum..

i have an UK O2 locked pre and i am using rebelsim to use the phone on the UK orange network. all works fine. i updated the phone to WebOS 1.3.1 (with rebelsim and orange sim installed) and all still works fine.

however, i noticed today that when i launch the palm "app catalog" the word "beta" has appeared across the top right corner of the app catalog screen and although i can see many apps, some i could see before are no longer visable.

"accuweather" is a good example. i could see and download the app from app catalog before the upgrade to 1.3.1 but not after.

some posts suggest this a regional restriction introduced in 1.3.1 but i find it odd that accuweather is not available and the app catalog version is v1.0.0 labelled as beta.

can anyone help?
    you could try a partial reset . That's the only fix I know of.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    is my app catalog version v1.0.0 out of date then?

p.s. can't see links, newbie on precentrl.net, not enough posts
    I coundnt say that it is out of date or not. I'm in usa but this is a common fix on cdma type phones so... Just figure it would work on all pre's
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The App Catalog has always been labeled "beta" on my Pre (German version). And the number of available apps seems to fluctuate a lot these days, my guess is Palm's trying to make it work the way it should have all along, which leads to some changes now and then.
    Check out Movie Diary.
  6.    #6  
    thanks matey

tried partial reset but same outcome. accuweather doesn't show on app catalog.

phone seems fine otherwise.
    All GSM App catalogues at the moment are in Beta meaning it is not possible to have paid for apps. Unfortunateley until Palm update this there is not hack or workaraound as the palm updates are country specific.
  8. npw
    Has anyone been able to find out any indication of when we might be trusted enough to pay for apps within the UK or Europe? There is no contact email address on Palm's website to use.
    Even when you contact them they say there is no roadmap for it, and it might come in an update in the future. Very disappointing.
    This is really cheesing me off. Why on Earth are we limited any differently to US users?! I can think of absolutely no reason why!!

As for the original post; I to have accuweather and it works fine. I cannot find it in the catalogue any more and it tells me the 'app catalog is unavailable' when I try to update it. I daren't remove it as I probably won't get it back!
    Last edited by Ben_K; 12/15/2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Emoticons give a better indication of my mood