Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This is seriously starting to annoy me and is about to get very expensive. I'm on my second Pre after my first speaker died. Its doing the same thing too. Starts out by just getting really quiet till I miss all calls because the sound level is so low. The last one eventually just made a tinny distortion noise in the end. Both were very loud and clear when new too.

So I paid Palm the $30 advance exchange fee and got this one I have now. (declined monthly insurance) The cycle is starting over. I've now lost all bass and is overall much quieter to the point I'm missing calls again. I work with metal and there were shaving and dust stuck to the first speaker so I assumed that was the culprit. This time I ued a piece of foam over the speaker and made it a point to never have it on me while working. Obviously didn't help.

I can't keep paying the $30 fee every month!
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damarble View Post
    This is seriously starting to annoy me and is about to get very expensive. I'm on my second Pre after my first speaker died. Its doing the same thing too. Starts out by just getting really quiet till I miss all calls because the sound level is so low. The last one eventually just made a tinny distortion noise in the end. Both were very loud and clear when new too.

So I paid Palm the $30 advance exchange fee and got this one I have now. (declined monthly insurance) The cycle is starting over. I've now lost all bass and is overall much quieter to the point I'm missing calls again. I work with metal and there were shaving and dust stuck to the first speaker so I assumed that was the culprit. This time I ued a piece of foam over the speaker and made it a point to never have it on me while working. Obviously didn't help.

I can't keep paying the $30 fee every month!
    wHY ARE YOU GETTING CHARGED $30 FOR A REPLACEMENT?

I have had my Pre replaced 3 times at no charge!!!!

My speaker just died as well, waitting on next replacement....

Try this to see if it is the speaker...

1. Start something playing
    2. Place your mouth over the rear speaker and gently apply some suction...i bet the speaker works then.

This sounds crazy, and kinda funny...but it works (as long as the suction is there) this is due to something jamming the speaker and not allowing it to osscilate as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    wHY ARE YOU GETTING CHARGED $30 FOR A REPLACEMENT?

I have had my Pre replaced 3 times at no charge!!!!

My speaker just died as well, waitting on next replacement....

2. Place your mouth over the rear speaker and gently apply some suction...i bet the speaker works then.

This sounds crazy, and kinda funny...but it works (as long as the suction is there) this is due to something jamming the speaker and not allowing it to osscilate as needed.
    apparently you missed the part where the OP stated he declined monthly insurance!

BTW mine too, Im on #2 and the speaker is gone again (same problem w/#1) going for # 3 tomorrow!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    apparently you missed the part where the OP stated he declined monthly insurance!

BTW mine too, Im on #2 and the speaker is gone again (same problem w/#1) going for # 3 tomorrow!
    Yeah I saw that, but why the $30 fee for replacement of a phone under warranty?????

I have not paid for any of my replacements..they were all defective, and under the warranty period? I would never pay someone to give me a replacement that is under a full warranty.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    He said that he "paid Palm the $30 advance exchange fee". So, instead of sending his phone in, and then getting a replacement if they can't fix it, he had them send a phone before he let go of his phone.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I am having similar issues, btw... I don't have insurance since I figured I would be careful enough with it to not have issues. Of which I haven't "done" anything to cause troubles. But now my speaker is doing this issue too... What should I do? Go into a sprint store and say here, this is defective and then try to get them to replace it, or do I have to deal with Palm directly?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
    He said that he "paid Palm the $30 advance exchange fee". So, instead of sending his phone in, and then getting a replacement if they can't fix it, he had them send a phone before he let go of his phone.
    Thats just my point....I have had TWO ADVANCE REPLACEMENTS!!! AND NEVER HAD TO PAY A FEE....$0, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA.

tHE SAME WAS DONE FOR ME, BUT NO MONEY EXCHANGED HANDS.

wHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE TO PAY A FEE TO HAVE SOMETHING EXCHANGED??? tHEY SENT MINE TO ME, AND I HAD TO RETURN IT IN 30 DAYS OR ONLT THEN WOULD I BE CHARGED FOR THE PHONE....BUT NEVER WAS I CHARGED OR ASKED TO PAY ONE RED CENT FOR ANYTHING ON ANY ADVANCE REPLACEMENT.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
    I am having similar issues, btw... I don't have insurance since I figured I would be careful enough with it to not have issues. Of which I haven't "done" anything to cause troubles. But now my speaker is doing this issue too... What should I do? Go into a sprint store and say here, this is defective and then try to get them to replace it, or do I have to deal with Palm directly?
    My advice.....go right to Sprint. They have allways treated me right on my Pre exchange and any other previous phones.
    Well, at least the OP didn't also include "one cup" in his title.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    uhhhh what?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I got it.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    I got it.
    ok fill me in then lol
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thats just my point....I have had TWO ADVANCE REPLACEMENTS!!! AND NEVER HAD TO PAY A FEE....$0, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA.

tHE SAME WAS DONE FOR ME, BUT NO MONEY EXCHANGED HANDS.

wHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE TO PAY A FEE TO HAVE SOMETHING EXCHANGED??? tHEY SENT MINE TO ME, AND I HAD TO RETURN IT IN 30 DAYS OR ONLT THEN WOULD I BE CHARGED FOR THE PHONE....BUT NEVER WAS I CHARGED OR ASKED TO PAY ONE RED CENT FOR ANYTHING ON ANY ADVANCE REPLACEMENT.

You had Sprint do the exchange? Sprint would not help me because I bought my phone through letstalk.com. And letstalk refused to help because I had just passed 30 days. When I called Palm directly they did it but stated there would be a fee, confirming what I read before on their website. They do cover shipping both ways when you do that at least. The real W.T.F. is the $400 deposit they ask for.

I could do a free exchange if I was willing to send mine in first and wait 2 weeks for the replacement.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Now my ear speaker is getting distorted too. And a coworker that bought a Pre after seeing mine has had his speakerphone speaker start dieing suddenly and when he opened it up it was filled with metal dust.
    Palm has had that $30 charge forever and you don't have to pay it.
    Argue next time.

The phone has a 1 year warranty
    FEED THE TROLL!!.....jk
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

How in the hell did you find out that works? I had to try it as my speaker is extremely low right now, couldn't believe it works..