1.    #1  
    Read this article today about the 2nd generation Pre on Verizon.
    Palm Pre 3 launches with Verizon on CES 2010 - Bright Side Of News*

If the article is true (perhaps a big if since I've never heard of these folks before) and if the phone is way superior to my Sprint Pre, I'm not sure how I will feel after switching to Sprint for the phone and finding myself locked for 2 years on a slightly wobbly launch day Pre.

Also wondering if I will be left in the dust, suffering still with a calendar that can't handle the deletion of one instance out of a series of recurring appointments, while the new plus Pre will get more updates, etc (a la what happened with my Treo 680).

It seems that there is almost an arrogance from Palm these days, a disdain for the loyal base. It's frustrating and my sticking with Pre is starting to feel a wee bit co-dependent.

Anyone else?
    New and improved products come out everyday for the whole gamut of electronics and is to be expected. The Pre/Pixi Plus, or whatever they're going to be called, will not be the end of changes either.
    No matter what phone (or any electronics for that ) you buy, it's going to be obsolete in 6 - 9 months.

Quite frankly, a company selling hardware doesn't make money unless they give people an incentive to upgrade. Palm isn't stooping to any shady tactics by releasing a new version of the Pre.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Lame. I'm content to wait for the webOS Treo on Sprint.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Well....the interesting bit is that there is no info and no educated guessing about what the difference between the Pre and Pre 3 (as they call it in that article) will be.

Should be interesting. Either way, most of us knew that a model refresh is going to happen. Us current Pre owners are the pioneers of the webOS era. We are the ones that witnessed the phones initial "incomplete" feeling, and we relished every update that Palm released for us. We are the ones seeing the phone evolve into what it is today. Can't wait to see what's going to happen in the future. But either way, something tells me there will be yet another model refresh in a year from now, and many of us will then be eligible again for a new phone. At that point in time the Verizon Pre plus owners who also signed a contract will have the old hardware.

It's a cycle, that's just how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well....the interesting bit is that there is no info and no educated guessing about what the difference between the Pre and Pre 3 (as they call it in that article) will be.

Should be interesting. Either way, most of us knew that a model refresh is going to happen. Us current Pre owners are the pioneers of the webOS era. We are the ones that witnessed the phones initial "incomplete" feeling, and we relished every update that Palm released for us. We are the ones seeing the phone evolve into what it is today. Can't wait to see what's going to happen in the future. But either way, something tells me there will be yet another model refresh in a year from now, and many of us will then be eligible again for a new phone. At that point in time the Verizon Pre plus owners who also signed a contract will have the old hardware.

It's a cycle, that's just how it is.
    More than likely there will be a new version for Sprint customers, at the very least, in June, since everyone with a Pre should be a Premiere member due to the required plans and should be able to upgrade then.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    More than likely there will be a new version for Sprint customers, at the very least, in June, since everyone with a Pre should be a Premiere member due to the required plans and should be able to upgrade then.
    Yep, i wouldn't worry. Sprint still gives Palm 70% of its revenue. They're still great partners. It could be verizon just gets a 16gb Pre and the real changes will come to sprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    From your keyboard to Palm and Sprint's ears. I'm hoping for a new version of the Pre, or WebOS phone, on Sprint Networks in May or June 2010. That's when the majority of the early adopters will be eligible for an upgrade.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Maybe the Pre Plus has a faster processor, better battery life, video recording, voice control and a compass. Hmm....
    its fine Palm pushing out new devices each year.

I do think Pre 1 has great hardwares that won't feel too far behind Pre 3.

I mean, except SD slot, projector, front camera, 800x600 screen, what else can Pre 3 possibly have that makes me jealous a little?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    The funny thing is that Verizon is still getting a "pre"liminary webOS device. This reminds me of how Apple called their latest version of OS X "Snow" Leopard. I didn't feel like I was so left out in the cold with my PowerPC based Mac running Leopard. This old Dual 2Ghz Power Mac G5 still kicks it into high gear, BTW. Makes a nice companion to go with my Palm pre
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    rubenstein said there were going to be any new phones in the conference call right?
    Well, they already admitted that a version of the Pre is going to VZW right? They just never told us any significant details. CES is a week away from today, and I really can't wait.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)