1.    #1  
    I've had it up the *here* with the Pre and it's ability to function as a basic media player, let alone anything more than that.

Every time I've wiped the Pre, I have never had a smooth time with album art. It may be a small issue, but it's extremely frustrating to open up the photo app and have it lag because it's polling all the album art.

And I have no idea why it's even seeing it, all my art is embedded in my mp3s. There are no hidden files either.

It's not consistent either, some songs are fine. And then some songs don't even have their art in the music player.

What fixes all this, is if I use MP3Tagger to re-write the album art. Then it disappears from the photo library, and appears properly in the music app too.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? I've never had so much trouble with album art with a media device as this Pre.
    I use MediaMonkey to put them in as .xxxx.jpg instead of xxxx.jpg . The "." hides it from the photo app.
  3.    #3  
    my point is i don't even have the album art in any of my folders, it's all embedded. showing hidden files reveals nothing other than the mp3s.

It seems as if I run it through MP3Tagger, WHILE it's on the Pre, it will behave properly. I've already run everything through MP3Tagger locally, doesn't seem to matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    my point is i don't even have the album art in any of my folders, it's all embedded. showing hidden files reveals nothing other than the mp3s.

It seems as if I run it through MP3Tagger, WHILE it's on the Pre, it will behave properly. I've already run everything through MP3Tagger locally, doesn't seem to matter.
    How are you syncing?
    you have to embed the art to the actual id3 tag of the song. Then any music player can read it & you won't keep the actual physical art file, so the photo app won't see it
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I think I found out what I'm missing regarding the extra photo app... the images are classified as protected files on my system for some reason. It's the "Hide protected operating system files" checkbox in addition to show hidden files. just an FYI for anyone out there.

I do have the album art embedded with mp3tag as well, but it looks like this was confusing the crap out of me. It never occurred to me album art was an operating system file.

I'm not using anything to sync btw, I have yet to see anything as smooth as itunes/ipod. Not that I really want to use itunes, but I don't have to sync often, only when I wipe for an update.
  7.    #7  
    I will add the embedded album art shows from browsing the Pre shows up perfectly fine in windows (windows media and foobar see it fine). It's just the Pre Music app (not sure about other media apps, not installing homebrew this t ime round).

I think the Pre might have been initially confused or something? There's a desktop.ini file that references album art as well that got copied over.

There were albums that did not have album art whatsoever (and of course, did not show up in the photo app either). I think the desktop.ini files were giving it trouble or something because some folders had hidden files, some didn't.

ugh, what a mess. I'll look into that j river jukebox. songbird is still pretty bloated last I tried (and I don't know if the pre is supported) and doubletwist just felt very very alpha-ish.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I never had a problem with album art showing up on the music player until the latest update. Now Album art which used to show up when the song was previously on my pre no longer shows up if I add the song again. Same problem for any new songs added. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestions.