View Poll Results: The day and month should be added to the calendar dialer wheel?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

23 95.83%
  • no

1 4.17%
  1.    #1  
    I doubt palm will change the dial wheel thingy for changing calendar events to the easier to use month view which was on palm os. A good quick solution would be to take a page from android calendar. Simply add the month and day above the dialer like the photo below. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dvigilante1; 01/04/2010 at 10:30 PM.
  2.    #2  
    hmm i guess this isn't an important issue for everyone.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    I like the idea, but it doesn't seem to be generating much interest. Could be just timing too (pun intended).
    People are getting a head start on their "celebrating".

You're brave asking for Palm to bring features of the old Palm OS to their new OS on this forum. Lots of people here get mighty touchy about it. Heaven forbid that Palm actually continue offering features that they were known for in the past and people came to rely on.
  5.    #5  
    i would be interested in knowing why a person voted no. how are you able to determine the day of the week when changing an event?
    I would be happy just getting color on the month view. The Pre brags about supporting 16 million colors, right? So what's the problem?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I would be happy just getting color on the month view. The Pre brags about supporting 16 million colors, right? So what's the problem?
    I thought this was already available. I'll check again later today.
    Can't you just use the calender in the Classic app if you wanted it?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Can't you just use the calender in the Classic app if you wanted it?
    you have to pay to use classic. Besides it doesnt make a lot of sense to use two calendars.
  10.    #10  
    Now that we rec'd a small update hopefully Palm can throw out another small update to add the day of the week to date dialer scroll thingy in calendar and tasks apps.
    This is a very good idea. I'm sure lots of people are interested, I get confused all the time doing this and sometimes end up doing an event and then having to go back in 2 edit it after making sure i got the right date.

Colors in monthly view is in so many threads and I think this is the very first thing I ever wrote to palm about on day one, I used my palm treo 680 for about another month cause i didn't realize that Palm Profile is useless and pretty much had to switch to Google in order to sync with my wifes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post

Colors in monthly view is in so many threads
    Now available via the Uber patch
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway