1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I recently had an issue with my Pre where the power button stopped working. I was using it one day just before Christmas, pressing the button as needed and getting a nice 'popback', and then it just stopped reacting on the next press. It wouldn’t work at all after that. I take good care of my phone and I've never dropped it. It was still the first Pre I got the first week it was offered in June and it had worked great till this problem happened.

Anyway, I just had to live with it until after the holiday. I backed up my data and I went to the Sprint store yesterday to get it looked at. As soon as I mentioned 'power button', the consultant knew what was wrong and proceeded to replace it right away. I left with a new Pre and I spent the evening getting it back in order. As my wife commented, "it is surprising how complicated it is to switch phones these days".

I have had a good experience with this phone and I feel some 'Thanks' are in order.

First to Palm: This is really a nice change from the older Palm phones and devices. We (my wife and I) have been Palm device users since the late 90's (Palm III and on). I had a Treo 650 and 755P before this. My wife used the Centro and now has the Pixi. The 650 was pretty good till it died; the 755P was a daily annoyance for 2 years. I waited as patiently as I could for the Pre to arrive and it didn’t disappoint...much. I knew this was a new product and there would be some growing pains but Palm has constantly addressed issues and added functionality. While I think they have made some mistakes (disregarding loyal Palm Desktop users, for one) and I think the hardware could be more durable, it is still a fun and interesting device to use. So thanks, Palm. Live long and prosper.

Second to Sprint: I have been with Sprint Wireless for over 10 years now and I have been quite satisfied. We now have four phones and a wireless data card so we are also loyal Sprint customers. I have never had any trouble with the customer service from them, and this last experience replacing the Pre was as good as it could be. Thanks for not giving me any reason to want to switch providers.

Finally to Precentral.net and the user-base: Thanks to all of you too! You may notice I have been a member here for a long time (with the Treo before) and that I do not post often. I am more of a reader and I am patient enough to search for a resolution rather than start a thread just to request help. So far, I have been able to get the information I need without unnecessary postings. Thanks go to this online community for being willing to share knowledge and for helping to further the advancement of technology that we have all grown to enjoy and depend on. Keep being awesome!

Here’s to a prosperous 2010 and beyond!

Jeff (WeirdHerald)
    A positive thread? Are we entering the Twilight Zone of Precentral.net? Just kidding, glad to see it! Happy New Year everyone!