1.    #1  
    I had heard that with the new update we could now choose between Sprint Navigation or Google. I have looked all over but cannot figure out to do so. When I touch the address in Contacts it continues to use Google. Anyone out there know how?? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    1. Click on Launcher icon
    2. Goto launcher preference (top left) --> Default Application
    3. Choose "Sprint Navigation" for Addresses
    Thanks a bunch...I need to be a lil' bit exploratory w/ my Pre!
    Last edited by SuprHero; 12/31/2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: I spoke too soon.
    Hi guys, thanks for this explanation of changing default to Sprint Navigation.

Problem is this: When I click on an address with a Contact, a new Sprint Navigation window opens, but is stuck on the main page. Nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Sprint Nav hanging while opening after clicking on an address in your contacts is a known issue.

See this thread: Sprint Navigation - STUCK!

You can work around it by opening Sprint Nav first, but it sort of defeats the purpose.

As far as chosing which app will open, you can also hold down the orange (white for Pixi) options button while clicking on the address which will let you choose which app to use.
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 12/31/2009 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Sprint Nav hanging while opening after clicking on an address in your contacts is a known issue.

See this thread: Sprint Navigation - STUCK!

You can work around it by opening Sprint Nav first, but it sort of defeats the purpose.

As far as chosing which app will open, you can also hold down the orange (white for Pixi) options button while clicking on the address which will let you choose which app to use.
    Thanks a lot for this! Now I have a different error message that the address could not be validated within Sprint Navigation. I think it must be because I have an address entered in Contacts in a badly formated way.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Here is what I found out. Whenever I open Sprint navigation. I punch in Drive to. Down at the bottom of my screen is Contact. Whenver I punch on that it brings up my address book from within my Pre. I don't know if that is what you are looking for but I hope it helps.
    No, he was asking how to set it up so that Sprint Nav opens automatically when you click on the address in contacts.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for this explanation of changing default to Sprint Navigation.

Problem is this: When I click on an address with a Contact, a new Sprint Navigation window opens, but is stuck on the main page. Nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Yes, I am seeing the same problem. Never makes it past the
    Sprint Nav splash screen. However, if Sprint Nav is already loaded,
    and then I go back to Contacts and orange click on an address
    and send it to Sprint Nav, it works fine.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 12/31/2009 at 02:46 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Ok thanks - will use either Daemon's or safrit's methods. Sure would be easier to just have a button to punch so I could pick what I want to use. Must be government workers putting together these updates.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    After reading this thread I tried all of the suggestions and the only one I could get to work was Safrits.