1.    #1  
    Kind of dumb question... When entering the text for doom into the termanal do u type it like it shows, as far as spaces and stuff? also do you put the & in at the end? also when entering at a new line, do you space till you get to the next line? Also do you hit enter when done....i have tried to enter with and without the spaces and with the & and without and it keeps saying not found?? any help would be great... thanks in advance!!!
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Type it exactly as it shows (except that you need to add a "/" at the end of the first line)

Type...

cd /media/cryptofs/apps/ <then press Enter> - And yes, there's a space after "cd"

then type...

cd usr/palm/applications <then press Enter> - There's a space after "cd"...and no "/" before "usr"

Then type...

cd org.webosinternals.sdldoom <then press Enter>

Type type...

./doom & <then press Enter>

Some info will scroll on the screen of the Terminal app...then the Doom game should launch in a new card (in Landscape view).

EDIT: Well, I don't know what's going on, but now the extra "/" at the end of the first line seems optional. It would not work at all for me this morning without the "/" in the path...but I tried it again just now, and it worked fine without the "/"...worked fine with it too. FIIK.
    Last edited by Habious; 12/31/2009 at 12:04 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Type it exactly as it shows (except that you need to add a "/" at the end of the first line)

Type...

cd /media/cryptofs/apps/ <then press Enter> - And yes, there's a space after "cd"

then type...

cd usr/palm/applications <then press Enter> - There's a space after "cd"...and no "/" before "usr"

Then type...

cd org.webosinternals.sdldoom <then press Enter>

Type type...

./doom & <then press Enter>

Some info will scroll on the screen of the Terminal app...then the Doom game should launch in a new card (in Landscape view).
    Worked like a charm!!! Thanks and Thanks again.. i had it all wrong!
    Can't seem to get it to work for some reason. I've got terminal and terminal plugin both installed, but when I type the doom code in exactly as instructed, it doesn't work. Also, when I exit the Terminal app (throw it off the screen), my Pre does a restart. Any tips?
    Nevermind....got it.
    They split it up for the Pre's screen. It should all work on one line too:

Code:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom 
    ./doom &
    First line puts you in the right directory, 2nd line starts the application (in the background so you can still use the terminal, that's what the & is).