1.    #1  
    Can someone please tell me how can I install terminal on my Pre? I'm running 1.3.5 and I got preware and file coaster. I want to install terminal so I can tryout Doom game that came out this morning. Please help me!!!
    uhh quickinstall...

press blue down arrow key called (ipkg repository viewer)
    press black down arrow key and select (webOs internal feeds (pre) )
    Check Terminal service plug in, press download, then close
    on quickinstall press Install, and it should show on ur screen

course make sure it's plugged in (usb) to (puter) on Dev mode... Code (webos20090606)

am i forgetting somethig???
    Last edited by robbskittles; 12/31/2009 at 11:17 AM.
    Open preware. Go to apps and search for terminal. Click on it. Click install. It will say it depends on another file. Install the other file. (the terminal service plugin). That's it. You're done.
    you can also do it from preware i can't remember where it is but i think its in aplications with the icon that is black and has a big pound(#) sign on it. Doom is not that exiting to me i have been playing gameboy games and nes games with terminal for 3 weaks now. However it does look really cool.
  5.    #5  
    When I search for terminal in Preware nothing comes up.
  6.    #6  
    After I reinstalled my preware I noticed I don't have Linux Section anymore.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    have you done the whole emergency migration? http://www.precentral.net/apps-homebrew-and-webos-135 You can get it with quick install.
  8.    #8  
    No, I just erased all of my apps and reinstalled the ones I needed after 1.3.5 with Preware. I'm at work and don't have my usb cable, anyway I can install terminal through the phone or is quickinstall the only solution for me?
    If you don't see the Terminal in Preware, then you haven't installed Preware correctly.

http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I can't download the package with preware. Get the error "wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'". Server off? Address changed? Anyone can help?

It's a German Pre with WebOS 1.3.1.

[edit] Tried again, worked now. Probably just a temporary server shutdown... [/edit]
    Last edited by ZehHa; 01/03/2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    I can't download the package with preware. Get the error "wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'". Server off? Address changed? Anyone can help?

It's a German Pre with WebOS 1.3.1.

[edit] Tried again, worked now. Probably just a temporary server shutdown... [/edit]
    Nothing wrong with the server - your Pre just had no nameserver connectivity for some reason.

-- Rod
    Hey,

i didn't wanna open an extra thread for that:

I just installed the terminal but now it says: "Login: cannot run /bin/sh : No such file or directory"

But if I ssh in /bin/sh exists?! Do u have an idea what's the problem could be? Has it anything to do with the fact that I changed my standard user from sh to bash?!
    hey i downloaded the terminal now it says i need another file where do i go to download that last file?
    You don't download anything - you simply use Preware to install it directly from the feeds and it will automatically install any required dependencies.

-- Rod