Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

alright, i love the keyboard shortcuts that are available, but I find it very difficult to navigate the keyboard to use them.

For example, a Luna restart is ORANGE + SYM + R. Getting all three of those keys at once is extremely akward for me. What fingers do you use to get them without setting the phone on the table top to press them?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    both thumbs and my pointer finger on my right hand... Pretty simple...
    There is a program on here for a restart button. Sounds like the cure for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post

alright, i love the keyboard shortcuts that are available, but I find it very difficult to navigate the keyboard to use them.

For example, a Luna restart is ORANGE + SYM + R. Getting all three of those keys at once is extremely akward for me. What fingers do you use to get them without setting the phone on the table top to press them?
    Do a search for Tips and Tricks. There's a running PDF file you can download that has a whole bunch of tips and shortcuts with illustrations.

Update: Look here. Believe it or not, the title of the thread is actually called "Palm Pre Tips...." you might find some useful info there
    Orange Sym R does a full reboot, not just a Luna restart.

There is a homebrew app called Luna Manager that lets you restart Luna by tapping a button.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Orange Sym R does a full reboot, not just a Luna restart.

There is a homebrew app called Luna Manager that lets you restart Luna by tapping a button.
    thanks for the correction, got the app.

i still find it akward to press more than two keys at a time.
    I'm glad it's a little awkward to hit the restart sequence... I'd hate to accidentally reset my phone when I'm just trying to type fast. haha

As for me, I hold the phone in my left hand, use my left thumb for the "Orange" key, my right middle finger for the Shift, and right pointer finger for the "R".
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    thanks for the correction, got the app.

i still find it akward to press more than two keys at a time.
    I use an app called AutoCorrectEdit. It allows to enter short cuts or words that you misspell for corrections. For instance, I type omw and it will show on my way. At any rate, it requires that you restart luna for the changes to be activated. Thus, I use AutoCorrectEdit to enter new words, phrases and shortcuts and also for luna restarts. It allows me to use one app for multiple purposes.