Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Last week my wife's Pre started to shut down by itself and then wouldn't go past the PALM boot screen.
    It did this before and after the 1.3.5 update.

It will reboot most of the time after I remove the battery and then replace it, but it's really not acceptable to have to remove the battery 2-3 times per day.
    Is this a replacement issue or is there something I can do to get this to stop happening.

Prior to last night, there were NO mods/patches on the phone. I put a few things on last night to see if it would make a difference.
    Apparently not. It's been like this all morning.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Now it seems like the battery is dead. Is it possible for a battery to die from a full charge in an hour?

I happen to have an extra Pre battery from an older dead Pre... trying it now.
    =========
    Wow. This thing is messed up. It seemed to work fine with the new battery. Until the screen went black. KB stayed lit! Wouldn't boot at all. Took the battery [new] out and replaced and it's booting now- but I think it's time to take it to Sprint and have them replace it.
    Last edited by Trident; 12/31/2009 at 08:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Anyone?
    I haven't had a chance to take the phone to the Sprint repair place yet- but wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with this.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    my pre got stuck at the "palm" screen and i just took the battery out and restarted it...worked for me
    i assume you had patches on (and may have removed them) before updating to 1.3.5?

Before you give up on your pre, id back up all the vital info on your phone and run a full erase, and then WebOS doctor. I had some issues after 1.3.5, apps not downloading, preware getting stuck with the "circle" loader when removing patches. I ended up doctoring the phone and had the same issue. then did the full erase, and all is well. I cant say for sure, but my assumption from my findings is that some patches/tweaks store files/code on the USB partition of the phone, and since the Doctor no longer completely wipes the phone, those files were still causing conflicts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftspyder View Post
    my pre got stuck at the "palm" screen and i just took the battery out and restarted it...worked for me
    This happened to me just today after the Pre took a short tumble. (I was trying to turn off my #$@& alarm, which went off at the normal Friday time, despite me having a late night of revelry ... )

It got stuck on the "palm" logo and the battery drained very quickly before I noticed. I re-batteried (there really needs to be a word for "pull and replace the battery," right?), and it booted up fine.

BTW, if anybody is still wondering, I've used my Centro's extended battery in my Pre since I got it in early September. Absolutely no problems with it. It would sure be nice if Precentral would acknowledge that they were wrong to trust Sprint's "recommendation" on this.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajadoja View Post
    I have that problem as well, but found a simple, if annoying, workaround. When you power up after the battery swap and the Palm logo "just sits there" simply do a reboot (ORANGE - SYM - R) and it will cycle through and power up normally.

No idea what's causing the problem, but this is a better solution than yanking the battery over and over.

Took this from another thread where I was having a similar problem. Not a solution by any means, but certainly helps.
    This has happened to me twice since the last update! So annoying the only thing that has worked is the ORANGE - SYM - R to reboot. I have no patches on my Pre.
    Im getting this issue, as well as my phone being pretty much hung "memory critical error" as soon as it boots(if it ever does... sometimes takes up to three resets to get it going).

Any thoughts?
    If doctoring isn't much trouble for you then I would suggests that you doctor it. Sounds like a corrupt install, if you haven't installed any patches. Go over to webos internals to get full instructions on how to do it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    If doctoring isn't much trouble for you then I would suggests that you doctor it. Sounds like a corrupt install, if you haven't installed any patches. Go over to webos internals to get full instructions on how to do it.
    +1

had this problem once and solved it with a trip to the doctor
    I have been doctoring anytime there is a big update to the OS.

I dunno, just feels better to me and really takes like 15 minutes.
    Sweet, i'm in the process of trying to get it to doctor right now.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Last week my wife's Pre started to shut down by itself and then wouldn't go past the PALM boot screen.
    It did this before and after the 1.3.5 update.

It will reboot most of the time after I remove the battery and then replace it, but it's really not acceptable to have to remove the battery 2-3 times per day.
    Is this a replacement issue or is there something I can do to get this to stop happening.

Prior to last night, there were NO mods/patches on the phone. I put a few things on last night to see if it would make a difference.
    Apparently not. It's been like this all morning.

I'd say that it sounds like it's ready for an exchange.
    i just took mine in n dropped it off yesterday. and the sprint repair center fixed it and baby is back up!!!

thank god for insurance
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ive been having da same problem and i doctored it twice. leftthe phone alone for 4 hours and still hasnt booted up.. ? idk what to do at this point.