Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    ok, same thing happened after 1.3.1. when the phone goes to sleep, wifi does not and then the battery drains @ more than 10%/hr. i tried a full reset and i just doctored my phone, and it still won't sleep. phone is pristine, just installed 1.3.5 after a full erase.

    any ideas on how to fix this? i don't want to have to turn off wifi all the time, it used to sleep.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    ok, same thing happened after 1.3.1. when the phone goes to sleep, wifi does not and then the battery drains @ more than 10%/hr. i tried a full reset and i just doctored my phone, and it still won't sleep. phone is pristine, just installed 1.3.5 after a full erase.

    any ideas on how to fix this? i don't want to have to turn off wifi all the time, it used to sleep.
    its part of the new update. and your phone uses less battery when its on wifi cause evdo is slower and it makes the phone work harder. me personaly the battery life on my pre is sooo much better
  3.    #3  
    mine is drawing a lot more because even though wifi is on, EV still maintains a connection which drains battery too. i will not put it on the charger tonight and see what battery monitor says after 7 hours.

    as of now battery monitor says it is drawing 19.5%/hr after sitting idle for 10 min after a reboot and loading only battery monitor then pressing power button. 5 bars of service too!
  4. #4  
    Heh heh.. I read your title wrong. I was gonna say my wife has insomnia too, lol.
  5. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    and your phone uses less battery when its on wifi cause evdo is slower and it makes the phone work harder.
    Not true. And as a result my battery life has gotten far worse. It started going bad with 1.3.1 but now after only 6 hours of standby my phone sits at about 60% since 1.3.5. Yes I webdoctored it, yes I didn't have any patches, yes I have had my phone since Oct so I know what I am talking about. My phone is getting any more or less activity. This is a result of the last two patches and wifi.

    Now with that said, wifi isn't always faster then EVDO. The wifi is only G speed. I only used wifi because I don't get great service in my house and EVDO that was not getting full bars was hard on battery life as well. Since this last patch is supposed to have helped, I will run without wifi tonight and see how it does in the morning.
  6.    #6  
    well it must of been something left over when I first updated because now it works good.

    1.25/hr which is better than the 3/hr I was getting w/ 1.3.1 w/ smartreflex

    so I guess I jumped the gun a bit
  7. #7  
    One thing I've noticed after these updates is that the first day or so after the update, the battery seems to be terrible!. After that, it seems to correct itself and go back to normal/better. Anyone else note this as well?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    One thing I've noticed after these updates is that the first day or so after the update, the battery seems to be terrible!. After that, it seems to correct itself and go back to normal/better. Anyone else note this as well?
    That's been my experience also. The first couple of days after an upgrade my battery life seems reduced. I let it drain down, shut itself off, and then recharge (repeating the cycle for a couple of days). Things go back to normal on about the third day for me. Seems like the battery or the battery meter has to recalibrate after an update.

    I'm sure if you search you will find many posts on the subject.
  9. #9  
    Heya! Was wondering if any miracle patcher out there can make a patch for wifi to turn off when Pre goes in standby, then turn on when Pre is on. That be great! Really don't like the change for wifi being on all the time even when on standby.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Heya! Was wondering if any miracle patcher out there can make a patch for wifi to turn off when Pre goes in standby, then turn on when Pre is on. That be great! Really don't like the change for wifi being on all the time even when on standby.
    why not? just curious.
  11. #11  
    I like it better bc I can leave wirq running and won't be conecting and disconecting all the time
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    why not? just curious.
    Because before when we had this feature, the battery standby time was great, still be in the 90's after typical 8 hour sleep. Now it's down in the 60-50's without this feature.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Because before when we had this feature, the battery standby time was great, still be in the 90's after typical 8 hour sleep. Now it's down in the 60-50's without this feature.
    mine has been the opposite.

    give it a couple more days. it's pretty much agreed that it takes a few days for everything to settle in after an update.

    the last two updates my phone was much slower and had terrible battery life at first and then became noticeably better on both fronts after a while.

    worth a shot until/if someone makes a patch.
  14. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #14  
    surely this is only useful if your in a place which has wifi. I leave my wifi on all the time so it auto connects when im in the house but at work I have no wifi but I leave it on due to it switching off when in standby. now surely my phone will drain faster as its looking for a wifi signal?

Posting Permissions