Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    So to my point, if I personally didn't like a product as much as many on this forum have expressed, I would have had the mindset to have moved on by now.
    I understood completely. No commentary about whether or not one should be free to comment, and no commentary about "like it or else". Very simple. If you don't like the phone, there are lots more available.

Glad you clarified though. It appeared some understood your meaning a bit differently.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    So is your wife ranting an raving in the iphone forums how her husband's Palm Pre can muti-task and her iphone can't? Did you research the phone before you purchased it? I did, I knew it was a new platform and did not yet have all of the features of other well established phone manufacturers, but the features the Pre lacked did not really concern me, it's OS, UI and other features far put wieghed the ones missing. Everyone has different needs and wants from a smartphone, henceforth, many different products to choose from in the marketplace. If you are not happy with your Pre, use the updated contract clause to get out and then get something that better suits your needs such as an iphone or droid, a more established platform.

No, I knew what I was buying but what I didn't know is just how competitive this market was going to get. The market has got a lot more crowded with big fish since Palm dropped this phone.

Back when I was buying this phone I wasn't thinking that it was possible that their may not be a Palm or that my phone may not be supported at some point. Well now I am thinking that is a possibility. With phones telling people to shred their wish lists and Google proper entering the market, it's time to put up or shut up, and I am concerned with Palms ability to put up enough fast enough with enough hype (there's no hype if everyone else has it before you).
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    No, I knew what I was buying but what I didn't know is just how competitive this market was going to get. The market has got a lot more crowded with big fish since Palm dropped this phone.

Back when I was buying this phone I wasn't thinking that it was possible that their may not be a Palm or that my phone may not be supported at some point. Well now I am thinking that is a possibility. With phones telling people to shred their wish lists and Google proper entering the market, it's time to put up or shut up, and I am concerned with Palms ability to put up enough fast enough with enough hype (there's no hype if everyone else has it before you).
    Palm is actually in much better shape now than they were when the Pre was introduced. By the time you are eligible for an update, we all will know the situation even more. Until then, just enjoy the ride.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Palm is actually in much better shape now than they were when the Pre was introduced. By the time you are eligible for an update, we all will know the situation even more. Until then, just enjoy the ride.

Yeah. Didn't workout so great for us, did it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123