Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21  
    Palm's WebOS platform is a great platform, if you can understand the vision. Applications will only come when Palm has the proper application programming interfaces API's) developed to control specific things: the microphone, digital signal processors, etc.. Voice recognition is not an easy technology to implement. It in my opinion has a long way to go. I'm sure there are several developers chomping at the bit to come out with these applications. However, it will take time for Palm to get their WebOS API's developed and documented. They've already come out with Ares which is a development platform which should help developers and newcomers to develop easier and faster for the Palm WebOS platform.
    WebOS 1.35 now that people have taken a look under the covers has many new improvements which lay the ground work for lots of things such as Flash, GPU acceleration for speed and more. The best thing the community can do is to provide positive feedback for them and hopefully they can align their priorities more efficiently, like which features they should work on first. The main concern for Palm is how they can sell more handsets. What features are going to get more of the regular cell phone users to turn and buy a smartphone like the Pixi or Pre. I don't believe they will take away many of the iPhone users as that is a much more mature platform and with that Apple has alot of legacy issues they have to deal with on their OS. First and foremost, if they make a change to their OS are they going to break every application developed on the previous release? They do this on their Mac OS all of the time. Do the users care? Some times yes sometimes no. However it has prevented them from getting into the Business community. Bottom line be patient, provide real valuable input. Remember your needs may not align to what the majority wishes to have or need. It's always a business decision for them to spend money on the proper resources. The community (webos-Internals) have done an incredible job of providing code and tweaks to make Pre/Pixi much more useable and feature rich. Much of this is, I believe taken into account on future builds.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Why does everyone keep making excuses for Palm?
    99% of threads on this forum [/exaggeration] lead into a heated debate with people taking opposite sides on their view of Palm/WebOS. I'm on the "positive" side of things. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

    That being said, why don't people realize that this is a brand new OS that, I assume, was coded from scratch? I am with everyone when they say "why can't the Pre do many of the things the Iphone can?" but I realize the shortcomings that a brand new OS brings and see a bright future ahead.

    Yes, yes...the Pre should do all "those things" in this day and age. But again I'm going to say that this is a brand new platform. But 6 months after launch, I will argue that the Pre is farther along than the Iphone was in its early days. If you honestly don't think Palm will allow native development for the WebOS sometime in the near future, then I don't know what to tell you.

    I'm not saying that WebOS will overcome the Iphone...but it will be a worthy competitor.
    Last edited by DesertSilver; 12/31/2009 at 03:13 PM.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    they should have a section on here for people that all they do is ***** about palm and the pre if you don't like it get something else
    This is a very valid point. Many on this forum seem to rant for the sake of ranting. If you don't like the phone, then get something else. What else needs to be said???

    Edit: I would like for someone to argue the point of "if you don't like the phone, then get something else."
  4. firstimer's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Why does everyone keep making excuses for Palm? Palm has one phone(well now 2) to work on. No separate OS, No separate hardware, No computers, No mp3 players, No headphones, No search engine, No nothing. And yet they lag behind every other pda OS. This is not acceptable. Like what do they do at Palm headquarters all day, play with their iphones, or Droids?.

    Had to rant, just ****ed I stood in line for this phone, got taxed on an extra $100, waited 3 months for a rebate, and I cant even record a voice memo if Im on the freeway and something comes to me. But I walked into Best Buy on October 8, and walked out with my $150 Hero in seconds, and it obliterates my Pre in apps and widgets functionality. But my Wifes Centro functions flawlessly. I think consumers begged Palm for multi tasking for so long, they said lets give them a phone that multi-tasks like no other and maybe they wont notice that we didnt take the time to put basic 2003 UI functionality in there. We can promise it to them in future updates, but not tell them how far in the future.

    Lets face it, without Homebrew and Preware this phone and OS would be dead.
    Amen on the last sentence. Preware & Homebrew makes this phone. Palm should pay them
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Edit: I would like for someone to argue the point of "if you don't like the phone, then get something else."
    I agree that rants and the like are without merit or utility, but i see your argument above as overly simplistic. That is to say, a composite device as the Pre and a complex OS like webos cannot be evaluated by a singular, " like the phone, [or else] then get something else," mantra.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  6. #26  
    I kinda feel that it's a matter of having instant gratification or not. It's true that Pre is a bit behind iPhone in terms of functionality and apps, but then iPhone has been out a lot longer. With all the updates that have been coming out, it appears that Palm is working hard to get up to speed. When someone above said that without Homebrew, the Pre would be dead...I might have to agree with that. WebOSinternalz has done a wonderful job of using the open format Palm has allowed them (as opposed to Apple's all-controlling grip) to help people make their Pres the way they want them. Furthermore, Homebrew has certainly shown Palm what is possible and what people want. Now, it's totally possible to jump ship and get a phone that has all you want right this minute. I, however, like the prospect of sticking with the Pre (which has already been great for me) and one day being able to say "I remember the Pre way back when it was running 1.2.1. Things are so much better now." It'll make me proud that day...the same way that iPhone users can remember how things were before being able to send picture and video messages and be happy about the way things are now.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Lets face it, without Homebrew and Preware this phone and OS would be dead.
    Web OS was inovated for this very purpose! We do not need to wait on Palm for applications or features, we depend on the open and free marlet to inovate that. I for one, do not want to give that up.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    I agree that rants and the like are without merit or utility, but i see your argument above as overly simplistic. That is to say, a composite device as the Pre and a complex OS like webos cannot be evaluated by a singular, " like the phone, [or else] then get something else," mantra.
    Why not? Why is that "overly simplistic"? I think too many people are trying to make it too complex.

    Is this the phone, out of all available phones, that works best for (whoever is asking the question)? If not, then get the one that is.

    "Best for me" is obviously going to be different than "best for you", but it really is that simple.
  9. #29  
    This is dumb. The Pre is the Pre. Why are people expecting to be like all the other touchscreen phones? No one mad at the Razr for not having touchscreen and all that jazz. Like they say, if you don't like the phone take it back. I am sure since you all are ranting on here then you must feel this phone is the best and really dont want to go, because you know there are great things to come! They're just not coming fast enough for you.
  10. #30  
    I'm happy.

    Homebrew has made it fun!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    This is a very valid point. Many on this forum seem to rant for the sake of ranting. If you don't like the phone, then get something else. What else needs to be said???

    Edit: I would like for someone to argue the point of "if you don't like the phone, then get something else."
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    I agree that rants and the like are without merit or utility, but i see your argument above as overly simplistic. That is to say, a composite device as the Pre and a complex OS like webos cannot be evaluated by a singular, " like the phone, [or else] then get something else," mantra.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why not? Why is that "overly simplistic"? I think too many people are trying to make it too complex.

    Is this the phone, out of all available phones, that works best for (whoever is asking the question)? If not, then get the one that is.

    "Best for me" is obviously going to be different than "best for you", but it really is that simple.

    @hparson: Its overly simplistic, to me, because it forecloses the reality that the Pre is at once the best phone available and a flawed and imperfect phone in need of improvement. Luckily for us, improvements can and have come in the way of updates over the air.

    As I've said before, Precentral cannot only be a haven for Palm fanatics who are blind to any blemish in need of improvement, where any voice of complaint is silenced. Thankfully, the real people who run this site agree with me. Just take a look at some of the editorials below chosen to run on this site's front page. Each one, in large or small part identifies area(s) the Pre or webOS falls or fell short, or identifies room for improvement. I'm glad they all put the kool-aid down and gave honest appraisals. I'll keep doing the same.

    Editorial: webOS Needs a Developer Phone
    By: Jonathan I Ezor in: Editorials on: Monday, 14 December 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/google-pho...-action-palm-0

    Editorial: Why I'm a Palm fan and not a fanatic
    By: Derek Kessler in: Editorials, Featured Articles on: Tuesday, 17 November 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/editorial-...nd-not-fanatic

    Dear Palm: It's time to fix Calendar
    By: Derek Kessler in: Editorials on: Tuesday, 20 October 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/dear-palm-...e-fix-calendar

    Palm Pre at work - A Real Review
    By: RizP in: Editorials on: Thursday, 01 October 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-work-real-review

    WebOS Gaming: Could WebGL Be The Answer?
    By: Jason Robitaille in: Editorials, News on: Tuesday, 08 September 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-gami...ebgl-be-answer

    Don't Forget About Flash
    By: Jason Robitaille in: Editorials on: Friday, 04 September 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/dont-forget-about-flash

    Unlocking the Key(board) to the Pre
    By: Jonathan I Ezor in: Editorials, Featured on: Monday, 31 August 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-b...yboard-support

    Dear Palm: What I'd like in the next update
    By: Derek Kessler in: Editorials on: Friday, 21 August 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/dear-palm-...d-next-updates

    The good and not-so-good of Palm Backup
    By: Derek Kessler in: Editorials, News on: Thursday, 18 June 2009
    http://www.precentral.net/good-and-n...od-palm-backup

    DISCLAIMER

    IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

    TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.


    THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  12. daaknes's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by

    DISCLAIMER
    [SIZE="1"
    IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

    TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.


    THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.[/SIZE]
    That is awesome!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    @hparson: Its overly simplistic, to me, because it forecloses the reality that the Pre is at once the best phone available and a flawed and imperfect phone in need of improvement. Luckily for us, improvements can and have come in the way of updates over the air.

    As I've said before, Precentral cannot only be a haven for Palm fanatics who are blind to any blemish in need of improvement, where any voice of complaint is silenced. Thankfully, the real people who run this site agree with me. Just take a look at some of the editorials below chosen to run on this site's front page. Each one, in large or small part identifies area(s) the Pre or webOS falls or fell short, or identifies room for improvement. I'm glad they all put the kool-aid down and gave honest appraisals. I'll keep doing the same.
    ...
    It has nothing to do with "kool-aid", nor does it have to do with "Palm fantaics who are blind to any blemish in need of improvement" (I notice that many folks resort to those labels when they read something positive they don't like, or read something that decries the constant rants we see on here).

    There is nothing wrong with discussing shortcomings; however, the editorials you cite are a far cry from the constant rants we see on here from some users.

    In addition, I'm certainly not advocating that such posts not be allowed. They should be. Just as responses from the so-called "Palm fanatics" should be allowed, and even expected.

    I'll also point out that soem of those who have posted editorials expressing their displeasure with Palm have decided to either get another phone, or stick with their old ones. They did decide it's that simple.

    In the final assessment though, the ability of the Pre to be updated as necessary is one of the factors (at least for me) in deciding whether or not it's the best phone for me.

    As a side note, I'll add that you "editorialized" the comment made just a tad. Here was what DesertSilver stated:

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    This is a very valid point. Many on this forum seem to rant for the sake of ranting. If you don't like the phone, then get something else. What else needs to be said???

    Edit: I would like for someone to argue the point of "if you don't like the phone, then get something else."
    But when you came back that his argument was "overly simplistic", you added to his argument:

    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    I agree that rants and the like are without merit or utility, but i see your argument above as overly simplistic. That is to say, a composite device as the Pre and a complex OS like webos cannot be evaluated by a singular, " like the phone, [or else] then get something else," mantra.
    No where did he say "or else", or even espouse a "mantra". He was very specific in his comments, he spoke of those that "rant for the sake of ranting". You can't seperate one part of the comment from the other, then add to it, and act as if that was what he said (even calling it a mantra). It wasn't. It was an observation about those that rant for the sake of ranting.
    Last edited by hparsons; 01/04/2010 at 02:14 PM.
  14. #34  
    I just don't think how anybody thought every thing was going to be fully fleshed out and working better than every other phone when Palm has 1000 employees.


    For what they have done since launch i'm very impressed. They aren't apple. They aren't RIM. They aren't Google.

    Maybe as (hopefully) the company gets pulled out of their misfortune, they can expanded resources, but for 1000 people, pulling off two phone launches including a few worldwide launches and continuous updates is damn impressive.

    I expect to see the future of the SDK gone over at CES this week though. I will be disappointed if this is not the case.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Why does everyone keep making excuses for Palm? Palm has one phone(well now 2) to work on. No separate OS, No separate hardware, No computers, No mp3 players, No headphones, No search engine, No nothing. And yet they lag behind every other pda OS. This is not acceptable. Like what do they do at Palm headquarters all day, play with their iphones, or Droids?.

    Had to rant, just ****ed I stood in line for this phone, got taxed on an extra $100, waited 3 months for a rebate, and I cant even record a voice memo if Im on the freeway and something comes to me. But I walked into Best Buy on October 8, and walked out with my $150 Hero in seconds, and it obliterates my Pre in apps and widgets functionality. But my Wifes Centro functions flawlessly. I think consumers begged Palm for multi tasking for so long, they said lets give them a phone that multi-tasks like no other and maybe they wont notice that we didnt take the time to put basic 2003 UI functionality in there. We can promise it to them in future updates, but not tell them how far in the future.

    Lets face it, without Homebrew and Preware this phone and OS would be dead.

    Did you know anything about the phone before you bought it?
    Looking at the features is always a good idea not matter what you buy.

    Do you look under the hood before you buy a car?
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    This is a very valid point. Many on this forum seem to rant for the sake of ranting. If you don't like the phone, then get something else. What else needs to be said???

    Edit: I would like for someone to argue the point of "if you don't like the phone, then get something else."

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    There is nothing wrong with discussing shortcomings; however, the editorials you cite are a far cry from the constant rants we see on here from some users.
    The editorials I cited are simply to support my argument, which DesertSilver invited, that it is possible, even permissible to be critical of Palm and keep the phone. As to rants, read my reply to DesertSilver again. See how I joined him against the rants? Or do you not accept this and believe that, in spite of my very clear Disclaimer and device history, I am in fact a Palm hating ranter?

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    In the final assessment though, the ability of the Pre to be updated as necessary is one of the factors (at least for me) in deciding whether or not it's the best phone for me.
    This is precisely why its important to remain vocal in expressing opinions as to Palm's faults. There's always another update around the corner.

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    As a side note, I'll add that you "editorialized" the comment made just a tad. Here was what DesertSilver stated:

    But when you came back that his argument was "overly simplistic", you added to his argument:

    No where did he say "or else", or even espouse a "mantra". He was very specific in his comments, he spoke of those that "rant for the sake of ranting". You can't seperate one part of the comment from the other, then add to it, and act as if that was what he said (even calling it a mantra). It wasn't. It was an observation about those that rant for the sake of ranting.
    DesertSilver invited a counter argument. I gave him one. You, hparson, didn't like it. Big surprise.

    DISCLAIMER

    IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

    TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.


    THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    The editorials I cited are simply to support my argument, which DesertSilver invited, that it is possible, even permissible to be critical of Palm and keep the phone. As to rants, read my reply to DesertSilver again. See how I joined him against the rants? Or do you not accept this and believe that, in spite of my very clear Disclaimer and device history, I am in fact a Palm hating ranter?
    Nope, I noticed it. Where did you find in my response anything about you being a "Palm hating ranter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    DesertSilver invited a counter argument. I gave him one. You, hparson, didn't like it. Big surprise.
    Where did you get the idea I "didn't like it"? I disagree with it. Am I permitted to disagree? If I am permitted to disagree, am I also permitted to express that disagreement?

    What I still don't understand is why you felt a need to embellish what he said. Why pretend he said something that that he didn't? His comment was very simple:
    I would like for someone to argue the point of "if you don't like the phone, then get something else."
    Nothing in there about "or else', or "no discussion allowed".

    Apparently (if I'm reading you right), not only do you like the phone, you like it better than any other phone you've found. Therefore, you would not fit in the category of those that he's advocating should "get something else".

    See, simple.
  18. #38  
    I'm a little confused as to who's on what side at this point in this thread but I will add clarification to my point from page 1.

    "If you don't like the phone, then get something else"...my point in this statement is that you are in no way tied to a specific phone. Yes, you are limited to a group of phones with a particular carrier, but in no way have to use the Pre on Sprint.

    My biased opinion is that the Pre is a great total package for my personal needs. I repeat, for my personal needs. If I needed a specific feature the Pre does not have, I would not be satisfied and have gone to a different phone that did what I needed, would I not?

    If you want a different phone with feature X (ex: video recorder), I don't consider cost to be a barrier since the Pre is valued very similarly to other popular phones on the resale market. Yes, some phones will cost more, but there are many that have specific features that cost less. If you happen to want a phone that has said feature and costs more, then that is by choice.

    So to my point, if I personally didn't like a product as much as many on this forum have expressed, I would have had the mindset to have moved on by now.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    I feel like there isn't enough emphasis on how ridiculous it is that we can't have apps like this because the voice input isn't activated or some ****. Sorry for the language but my wife just got an Iphone and I can't stop being ****ed about how she can talk into her phone and things happen. We can't even do a voice memo. My 755 did that.

    The only thing stopping me from getting one is that I know I would be slower and less efficient with it. There is no multi tasking, inputting info via typing is much slower, and it's just bigger. Those are deal breakers for me and why the Pre is so great but Palm is going to lose people just by happenstance. Others are going to have experiences like me and not see why the Pre is better.

    They need to catch up faster than they think they do.
    So is your wife ranting an raving in the iphone forums how her husband's Palm Pre can muti-task and her iphone can't? Did you research the phone before you purchased it? I did, I knew it was a new platform and did not yet have all of the features of other well established phone manufacturers, but the features the Pre lacked did not really concern me, it's OS, UI and other features far put wieghed the ones missing. Everyone has different needs and wants from a smartphone, henceforth, many different products to choose from in the marketplace. If you are not happy with your Pre, use the updated contract clause to get out and then get something that better suits your needs such as an iphone or droid, a more established platform.
  20. #40  
    Back on topic...

    With native Linux apps around the corner, it should be simple to make an app like this for the Pre. I would even say it wouldn't be that hard to port over from the iPhone, being that both the Pre and the iPhone run Unix like operating systems on an ARM architecture.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions