Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    if anyone is able to cancel their phone in january due to the increase in charges with sprint, any chance of checking out the new google nexus phone? i think i might go check it out when its avalible
    What a sexy phone...
    No family plan allowed, no sale. In fact, the restrictions attached seem pretty dumb. Only ONE plan allowed. You must activate it through the website. You can only buy it on a Thursday after trying no less than three slices of Domino's "new" and "improved" pizza with an open mind...
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I had Dominos #newpizza tonight. It was gewd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No family plan allowed, no sale. In fact, the restrictions attached seem pretty dumb. Only ONE plan allowed. You must activate it through the website. You can only buy it on a Thursday after trying no less than three slices of Domino's "new" and "improved" pizza with an open mind...
    LMAO! That was funny.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Can someone clear up some things for me.
    Who's getting it? TMobile?

How would a person with a Palm Pre go about getting it? I'm on a Sprint family plan and so it's going to be a bit hard convincing my dad.
    Ya I think it's a GSM phone and Sprint won't be getting it. I'm pretty sure T-Mobile is getting it subsidized or you can buy it unlocked at a higher price. I wish Sprint would get it
    (if it were cdma compatible) because I would give my pre to my sister and let her wait for the promised updates lol.
    Seems like a touchscreen with standard "high-end" internals and Android 2.1. Am I missing something?
    that's pretty much it... your basic 1 ghz processor system...

this will be a moto droid on steroids performance wise. i have been very impressed with the android OS on my buddies droid and with it looking like its gonna run as well as the 3GS or HD2 and the OS capabilities and future capabilities like opengl 2.0 es and probably handle flash better than others with the 1ghz, this could be a very solid alternative to the iphone.

http://gizmodo.com/5432678/google-nexus-one-hands-on

Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Seems like a touchscreen with standard "high-end" internals and Android 2.1. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    nope.
    seriously? then maybe just my perception but i believe will be perceived by many others too... the specs, the features, the capabilities...

this is where the bar is being set and where expectations are being raised to...
    3GS... HD2... Nexus One.

Pre doesnt need to just catch up to last year... they need to leap frog to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesolivarez View Post
    if anyone is able to cancel their phone in january due to the increase in charges with sprint, any chance of checking out the new google nexus phone? i think i might go check it out when its avalible

I would give it a go if t-mobiles 3G coverage didn't make at&t's look amazing. The nexus is incredibly sexy, far more then the Droid imo. Yet a phone is only half of the appeal for me. The other is carrier. T-Mobile is pure trash in the 3G deptarment.
    Is it true there's no multitouch?
    Not in some aspects of the OS, but the hardware supports it.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    seriously? then maybe just my perception but i believe will be perceived by many others too... the specs, the features, the capabilities...

this is where the bar is being set and where expectations are being raised to...
    3GS... HD2... Nexus One.

Pre doesnt need to just catch up to last year... they need to leap frog to next year.
    i completely agree. this will be one of THE phones to have, both on "it" factor and specs.

but to answer the posters question, he hit pretty much all the points. Hero body with Snapdragon specs. and that's a good thing.

there was more "news" and game changing talk though when rumors of it being offered for ~$100 unlocked directly from Google were flying around.
    I just don't want google to own me like apple would if i had an iphone. Actually more so than apple... Lame reason I know. Also I just felt Android was not as easy to navigate as webos. That being said, if palm was a zombie and i had to blow its head off....I'd get an android.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    I would give it a go if t-mobiles 3G coverage didn't make at&t's look amazing. The nexus is incredibly sexy, far more then the Droid imo. Yet a phone is only half of the appeal for me. The other is carrier. T-Mobile is pure trash in the 3G deptarment.
    it's not pure trash at all and once they go to LTE then that argument is really moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    Is it true there's no multitouch?
    not out of the box, but it's there, like the Droid.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast