Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69
  1. #41  
    I'm on a SERO plan right now and I'm heavily inclined to be a day one Nexus One user. Straight-up, I LOVE my Pre, well, more WebOS. The hardware s'made of dispair though. My headfone jack is getting worse and worse and if I have the phone open the earpiece sound gets crazy muffled and the person on the other end gets a ton of unclear sound from me. There's some really bad wiring in there. audio issues only happen if the phone is squeezed a to a certain degree (meaning that I can't put it between my ear and shoulder.

    I'm planning on a no contract Nexus One and I'll see how that goes. If I dislike it then I can just come back to Sprint and sell the Nexus to whomever or return it. either way, I'm excited at the prospect of new tech.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    what happened to all the talk about buying the phone unlocked, getting a Tmobile data SIM card for ~$30 a month, and using Google Voice for voice?
    I'll admit to have not read enough but I've seen that the "mandatory" plan people keep bringing up only applies to buying the fone on contract.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by 00000000 View Post
    I'll admit to have not read enough but I've seen that the "mandatory" plan people keep bringing up only applies to buying the fone on contract.
    i know.

    i've said it in this thread that the Nexus One will be an "it" phone for sure, but I wish the prior rumors were true that it would be offered exclusively without the need for a contract and Google would rely on Google Voice.

    in light of current developments though, this phone will basically just be the G2.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by 00000000 View Post

    I'm planning on a no contract Nexus One and I'll see how that goes.
    that's what I wanted to do too. keep my Sprint plan and get the Nexus One no contract. but not for $500+ dollars.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    What's PTA? I'm paying $69
    National Parent Teacher Assoc.

    It's 2 steps though...first join PTA. Then you are eligible to join their credit union, Alliant. Alliant members have the 25% discount. Sure it's a pain. It's up to you if it's worth it.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i know.

    i've said it in this thread that the Nexus One will be an "it" phone for sure, but I wish the prior rumors were true that it would be offered exclusively without the need for a contract and Google would rely on Google Voice.
    .
    I wouldn't want to rely soley on VOIP ever. I love sprint's 3g and most of the time always in 3g coverage, but there have been times where i have had to make calls while roaming or on 2g, and not being able to do that is a major negative in my eyes.
  7. dwhall's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #47  
    I'll stick with my pre and my droid. No physical keyboard is a huge no no for me...
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    National Parent Teacher Assoc.

    It's 2 steps though...first join PTA. Then you are eligible to join their credit union, Alliant. Alliant members have the 25% discount. Sure it's a pain. It's up to you if it's worth it.
    Think that was changed. I forget. But i still get the 25% from it. That's just one organization though. I could've used my old college email, an accounting organization, my wife's work, or being a customer of my energy company here in town. Pick the best discount.
  9. #49  
    Nexus looks like awesome hardware. Still not in love with android though and tmobile isn't an option. Rather have apple or palm.

    BTW..if Palm can get so much criticism from going with Sprint, how come i don't hear about google choosing tmobile?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by 00000000 View Post
    I'm on a SERO plan right now and I'm heavily inclined to be a day one Nexus One user. Straight-up, I LOVE my Pre, well, more WebOS. The hardware s'made of dispair though. My headfone jack is getting worse and worse and if I have the phone open the earpiece sound gets crazy muffled and the person on the other end gets a ton of unclear sound from me. There's some really bad wiring in there. audio issues only happen if the phone is squeezed a to a certain degree (meaning that I can't put it between my ear and shoulder.

    I'm planning on a no contract Nexus One and I'll see how that goes. If I dislike it then I can just come back to Sprint and sell the Nexus to whomever or return it. either way, I'm excited at the prospect of new tech.
    You're on a SERO plan with the Pre?! Or do you mean EPRP?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    I wouldn't want to rely soley on VOIP ever. I love sprint's 3g and most of the time always in 3g coverage, but there have been times where i have had to make calls while roaming or on 2g, and not being able to do that is a major negative in my eyes.
    i agree, to a point.

    i think what was most attractive about that potential scenario, to me, was that it would most likely dramatically change the way wireless providers do business.

    i wouldnt want it as my sole wireless option TODAY, but i definitely wanted it as a backup/toy/android tester.

    with the future of 4G being in infancy though, who knows.
  12. #52  
    Anyone can get 25% off with the Alliant code you give to sprint. And anyone can get that code if they know how to use google.
  13. Shado.F's Avatar
    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #53  
    I'm actually looking towards the Nexus direction. As much as Palm has innovated with their new OS with it's Synergy tactics and it's way of multi-tasking (which is by far the best, IMO), I'd rather keep up with hardware. As outdated as hardware can get, the Snapdragon processor is pretty much next gen.

    Now, hoping since the Nexus One is being sold by Google directly (assuming from current leaked sources), updates to the OS won't be a pain - and may be even more frequent than current Android updates ; or even Palm's webOS.

    Only if I can get my hands on a GSM Palm Pre, then I could keep up with webOS as frequent as I like.
  14. #54  
    i dont see anything it offers that is so attractive.

    a phone is still a phone. putting on fancy compiz-fusion doesn't make it function any different.

    and honestly, Im tired of google's pervasive invasion, i would intentionally stay away from it as much as i can.
  15. #55  
    Sorry but you guys make a big deal about processors but what exactly are you going to be able to do with a snapdragon that the current processor can't? Watch movies - both, stream movies/music - done, play games (seems to be fine since doom is good and iphone games are good).

    Seems to me that alot of you want to replace measure the size of your manhood with the phone in your pocket.

    A phone should be measured on what it does for you. Do you want to carry a massive brick in your pocket like the NS1.. if that floats your boat then go for it.
  16. Shado.F's Avatar
    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i dont see anything it offers that is so attractive.

    a phone is still a phone. putting on fancy compiz-fusion doesn't make it function any different.

    and honestly, Im tired of google's pervasive invasion, i would intentionally stay away from it as much as i can.
    As much as I'd like to be thinking like you ; I'm hopeless. Yes, a phone is a phone. But I take interests in all of this, now if the Pre was one solid device ; or if the Pixi was a mixture of the Pre. If this, if that. That's not the case, so I'm looking in other directions, unfortunately. But all in all, that's all me.
  17. Shado.F's Avatar
    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Sorry but you guys make a big deal about processors but what exactly are you going to be able to do with a snapdragon that the current processor can't? Watch movies - both, stream movies/music - done, play games (seems to be fine since doom is good and iphone games are good).

    Seems to me that alot of you want to replace measure the size of your manhood with the phone in your pocket.

    A phone should be measured on what it does for you. Do you want to carry a massive brick in your pocket like the NS1.. if that floats your boat then go for it.
    It's hard to say if there is a smart phone that doesn't do it all for me. It's all about how it does it. And I give webOS the big bills for that. But needs are needs, and that's always going to grow. With that in mind, I wanna keep a car as long as I can - same as a personal phone. I just can't see the Pre (not webOS) live up to those expectations.
  18. #58  
    You are always going to be chasing technology with phones. If Palm announces a snapdragon processor phone are you going to jump back? Folks are a little too flippant about whats really important. My pre does everything i need of it and then some. I really cant see anything that the NS1 would give now that I must have. An OLED screen, big freaking woop. Who gives a crap when I cant put the phone in my pocket. I love my pre because its what a phone should be .. SMALL and yet doesnt sacrifice too much in terms of screen size (ya i can watch a movie on it).
  19. #59  
    im poor, so im picky, only thing in the market that really tempting me now is Nokia n900. The flashy tricks of iPhone and android don't really attract me in anyway.

    I would be attracted by a front camera, a build-in projector tho, if somebody got that.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    im poor, so im picky, only thing in the market that really tempting me now is Nokia n900. The flashy tricks of iPhone and android don't really attract me in anyway.

    I would be attracted by a front camera, a build-in projector tho, if somebody got that.
    Well, the LG eXpo has the projector, as for the front facing camera...good luck with that. At least the Pre offers a mirror.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions