Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I just don't want google to own me like apple would if i had an iphone. Actually more so than apple...
    own you how? the stipulations they have in place are to prevent flipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    it's not pure trash at all and once they go to LTE then that argument is really moot.
    LTE doesn't magically make towers appear.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    LTE doesn't magically make towers appear.
    sigh.

say what you mean, mean what you say.

their network isn't trash. coverage and availability being not as expansive as say, Verizon, is a different story.

i didn't comment on his comment regarding coverage.
    own you how? the stipulations they have in place are to prevent flipping.
    email,search,phone,backup,nav.

I like me data being fragmented across different companies I guess. And restricting me to one plan is more control then the manufacture of my phone needs. It gives me a sour taste is all. Laughed as I sold people I-phones with $50 dollar data,messaging requirements.... Don't like palm doing it even though its less restrictive according to the rumors...
    That and as confusing i felt the hero was makes me thing its another non starter. Sure I'll go play with it, but I figure if the droid doesn't move me, this probably wont either...

sigh.

say what you mean, mean what you say.

their network isn't trash. coverage and availability being not as expansive as say, Verizon, is a different story.

i didn't comment on his comment regarding coverage.
    Was trash when I last tried it in 2006 Anywhere outside of a major highway or travel artery and I got nothing. Returned the sidekick in 1 week. Granted a lot has changed, and ive moved a few times, but in four years they still have not been able to put up commercials claiming better coverage 3g or not than the big 3. Maybe if project dark comes to fruition...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 12/31/2009 at 02:37 AM.

5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I will switch, and I hope they cookie the apps I use!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I will switch, and I hope they cookie the apps I use!
    To each his own. Probably will be a big deal too. I always pick the runner up, ah well why ruin a perfect streak

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    sprint picked the wrong time to change the contract.
    looks like another android phone to me

very niche market (not saying that palm isn't), and the niche isn't for me!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Wow. I had to post this since this is probably the first time I haven't seen mods online. Anyway, this should definitely be in the cross platform forum.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Seems like a touchscreen with standard "high-end" internals and Android 2.1. Am I missing something?
    Snapdragon 1ghz, 512 MB of RAM, 854x480 OLED screen. Does that not impress you? Those are almost literally double the specs the Pre runs on in some cases.

Palm, you need to step it up.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    There is no way in hell those pricing plans are correct. I promise you all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    Snapdragon 1ghz, 512 MB of RAM, 854x480 OLED screen. Does that not impress you? Those are almost literally double the specs the Pre runs on in some cases.

Palm, you need to step it up.
    I gotta disagree with a lot of these types of theories. I would LOVE have that stuff on WebOS but we have to face it, we are the slim majority of users that care.

To gain more market share and get back into the black Palm does not need to be worrying a ton about the processor speed or RAM. They need to get it in more hands first and that means just making it easier to use, more developer friendly and sturdier.

All my Blackberry friends love the Pre and could care less if I told them the processor speed and tech specs.

Would most of us on this forum love to see a higher-end Pre? Of course, but it doesn't make sense in terms of the short term marketing.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesolivarez View Post
    if anyone is able to cancel their phone in january due to the increase in charges with sprint, any chance of checking out the new google nexus phone? i think i might go check it out when its avalible
    If the Nexus isn't as high-maintenance as the Pre, perhaps I will.
  14.    #34  
    the things i will miss the most if i switch to the Nexus One are
    1. the ellagance of webos even though it lacked some features
    2. sprints cheap plans, and now i had any mobile mins which tmobile dont offer
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    sprint picked the wrong time to change the contract.
    yup. i'm thinking about switching too.
    And restricting me to one plan is more control then the manufacture of my phone needs. It gives me a sour taste is all.
    Eh the being tied to one plan only seems to be an issue if you need unlimited minutes or are on a family plan.

If you buy the phone unsubsidized for $530 you can get T-Mobile's $59 a month plan (unlimited everything but 500 daytime minutes). That saves you $20 over the subsidized plan, which after 2 years saves you $480 (which is more than you would pay for the phone). Plus T-mobile seems to offer no interest 20 month financing on their phones as well.

That's how I see it though. If I decide to switch, I'd go unsubsidized and have a less monthly fee than sprint.
    You can pay 58/month with Sprint with a 25% PTA discount (which anybody can be a member of).

Just putting that out there.
    What's PTA? I'm paying $69
    4 lines 1500 mins unlimited everything else : $180 + tax $45/Month per line. I am happy with that. Although I have never used 700 mins let alone 1500....come on sprint...help me save another $30/ Month....

what happened to all the talk about buying the phone unlocked, getting a Tmobile data SIM card for ~$30 a month, and using Google Voice for voice?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast