1.    #1  
    I downloaded 1.3.5, re-installed Preware and everything and was able to install all of my patches I had before, then I restarted my phone to let all the patches apply, and now I realized I missed a patch, so I ran Preware again and now it just sticks on the Preware loading screen that says: "Downloading Feed Information" with the spinning circle above it, and after about 5 minutes of letting it do this on its own some text comes up below the "Downloading Feed Information" and says, "This should take less than a couple minutes even on a slow connection. If it takes longer than that, first check your network connection, then try disabling feeds one at a time until you find which of the feeds are not responding". Anyone else getting this same message? Anyway to fix this problem? I have let this run on its own for about 10 minutes, and I've tried multiple restarts, but Preware just sticks on this screen with the scrolling circle.. :/
    restart ur pre that should fix the problem.
  3.    #3  
    I've restarted multiple times. I thought I mentioned that in my original post.
    whoops sorry. Hmm put ur phone in airplane mode then go to preware and it should load then when ur in turn airplane mode off. Installed something an app or what ever. Then close it restart ur phone again. And see if it loads.
    delete preware and the package manager service and reinstall using quick install
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    i've got the same problem too and i already reinstalled preware and restarted like 3 times
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ah i got it. Uninstall Preware. Then restart your Pre. Then get Preware back on it again. Once more restart it and that should fix it.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DusTenThousand View Post
    I downloaded 1.3.5, re-installed Preware and everything and was able to install all of my patches I had before, then I restarted my phone to let all the patches apply, and now I realized I missed a patch, so I ran Preware again and now it just sticks on the Preware loading screen that says: "Downloading Feed Information" with the spinning circle above it, and after about 5 minutes of letting it do this on its own some text comes up below the "Downloading Feed Information" and says, "This should take less than a couple minutes even on a slow connection. If it takes longer than that, first check your network connection, then try disabling feeds one at a time until you find which of the feeds are not responding". Anyone else getting this same message? Anyway to fix this problem? I have let this run on its own for about 10 minutes, and I've tried multiple restarts, but Preware just sticks on this screen with the scrolling circle.. :/

I also had the problem, but I then download the latest version of Package Manger Service 0.9.27 and it worked.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    whoops sorry. Hmm put ur phone in airplane mode then go to preware and it should load then when ur in turn airplane mode off. Installed something an app or what ever. Then close it restart ur phone again. And see if it loads.
    This Airplane Mode suggestion worked! Thanks for posting!
    Possibly related : Preware seems to "stall" on some of the larger feed .gz files (especially the main palm and precentral packages lists) for me. It always takes several attempts to get them.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)