Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    And yes - in the real sense of the term brick.

I ran webOSdoctor for 1.2.1 before installing 1.3.5. Nothing else on my phone. After 1.3.5 OTA installed, it hangs on the initial Palm screen. It doesn't do the fade in/out of loading, it just sits on that Palm. Power button doesn't work once the phone is on, so I have to battery pull to reset. It also doesn't work as a USB device anymore.

I'm going to hit a nearby Sprint store tomorrow to see what's going on, but has anyone else had this problem? Other than this, my phone has been 100%.
    try running the doctor if your phone is off keep pressing the volume up for a few second then connect to the pc ..you will se a usb sign then run the webos doctor!
    I think I am having a similar issue. My computer doesn't see the Pre so WOSQI and doctor can't work. If I reset my phone by taking the battery out, it hangs on the Palm logo with no flashing. If I take the battery out a second time, that seems to work. The computer not seeing my Pre is my biggest issue. I really enjoy being able to transfer files to and from the Pre but that is no longer an option for me so my days with the Pre are probably numbered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I think I am having a similar issue. My computer doesn't see the Pre so WOSQI and doctor can't work. If I reset my phone by taking the battery out, it hangs on the Palm logo with no flashing. If I take the battery out a second time, that seems to work. The computer not seeing my Pre is my biggest issue. I really enjoy being able to transfer files to and from the Pre but that is no longer an option for me so my days with the Pre are probably numbered.
    Try Orange-SYM-R, this is a system restore.

Or you could try: Press and hold power.
    Slide the Ringer switch three times.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Awesome thanks all!
    how long did it stay stuck on that screen? Mine stayed like that for about 10 mins before it changed
    Quote Originally Posted by guggie View Post
    Try Orange-SYM-R, this is a system restore.

Or you could try: Press and hold power.
    Slide the Ringer switch three times.
    I've done those but it hasn't helped. My computer still can't see the Pre. I'm sure I could exchange it but this is my fourth in 6 months so why bother unless a Sprint store can fix this exact phone. I guess I'll wait and see what else comes out in the early part of the year and get something else if Sprint can't fix this. Hopefully I can get back on board with Web OS next year(2011) cause I do think its the best OS out there.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    how long did it stay stuck on that screen? Mine stayed like that for about 10 mins before it changed
    Over 30 minutes. I left it sitting in my car during an appt. When I came back it was still sitting on the Palm screen.

After the 6th battery pull it finally started up properly (so my title is wrong - phone isn't bricked after all - do hate it when people use the term incorrectly). HOWEVER, I've found that I'm now the proud owner of a Pre with a dead touch screen.

I take back everything I've ever said about 'if you've had to replace your phone yadayada, it's you, etc'. I've completely babied this thing - no scratches on the screen, the usb port plastic isn't cracked, no cracked housing, looks like mint condition.

I'm going to go to sprint tomorrow and see what I can do with this thing.