1.    #1  
    Oh Lordy, lordy, lordy! I updated my Pre after I ran the Emergency patch program. I didn't have any themes installed. When it started back up, my contacts, phone, update, and about 4 other PAGES of icons are gone! I can receive calls, and respond to texts, but cannot initiate them as the icons are gone. I also no longer can just "start typing" and google, or phone numbers or contacts will pop up. I have lots of programs I bought. If I reset, will I loose all the money I spent on programs? Will it erase what was saved up to the Palm site? What do you guys suggest I do?
    I so love this darn phone, and I hate to see it 'broken'!
    Thank you so much!!
    what you mean about a lot programs? you mean apps from palm pre store? if are those the palm profile is going to restore them!
    if is more helpfull wait until web os repair utility (restore changed or lost files) be update!
  3.    #3  
    Palm store apps and homebrew apps. I had about 200 apps all told.
    I am not so upset about homebrew apps, but I will loose my mind if I lost paid apps.
  4.    #4  
    Also how does Restore work? Will it give me back all my original icons, plus my contacts and my paid apps?
    Should I just do this and eat the losses on homebrew?
    As of now, it is almost useless as I can no longer get my contacts, surf the web, look up information, use the map functions, or text. Oh yeah, and MAKE CALLS.
    nop you are not going to lose them ... palm have the inf of which app you bought it ..i think you probably have to redownload them for free !
    Quote Originally Posted by CherDamas View Post
    Also how does Restore work? Will it give me back all my original icons, plus my contacts and my paid apps?
    Should I just do this and eat the losses on homebrew?
    As of now, it is almost useless as I can no longer get my contacts, surf the web, look up information, use the map functions, or text. Oh yeah, and MAKE CALLS.

web os repair utility do is restore factory files if they are changed or lost that mean restore your icons im pretty sure your contacts are still there and also your apps!
  7.    #7  
    Thank you Sisgo. If this was your phone, would you just run the restore function? Also, I updated my Pre before I DL the new web OS. If I do restore, then how do I get ahold of Palm and ask them to reinstall my contacts and stuff?