1.    #1  
    Hi there,

First of all, I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere else, I searched and couldn't find anything similar to my issue. I just got my pre day after Thanksgiving and adore it so far. I see a lot of people have had problems with theirs but since I upgraded from a Treo 700p it's like the sun coming out after a blizzard for me, I love it! I'm not as technically advanced as the majority of people here and am learning as I go, so if my questions seem elementary, I do offer my sincerest apologies in advance.

So I did some things wrong the first time I tried to install a second theme and ended up running WebOS Dr and am starting from scratch. My problem now is that a patch that installed before running WOSDR will not install after. When I try to install the SMS Tone per Contact patch I'm getting the "1 out of 8 hunks failed" error message. As I LOVE this patch and really, REALLY want it, any help you can give would be immensely appreciated.

Again, sorry for my newbness, but we all have to start somewhere, right?
    Welcome to Precentral. The SMS patch is not working right now it is being worked on. The workaround until then is going to preferences under messaging and setting a separate ringtone for your messages.
    i dont think that patch is updated yet and no one can load it until its updated
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    well, the forums are for ask and we are for help!
    about the patch sms tone per contact is not working yet for 1.3.5 yet ..we all waiting for the fix .. keep info in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-contact.html

good luck!
  5.    #5  
    Thank you so much to all three of you, I seriously thought I was losing my mind! It had been working before I wiped the phone so that's why I was concerned!

And as far as the newb thing goes, I'm used to BBs where people are pretty much evil to newbies. I'm hoping to teach myself how to make some themes, I do have some ideas I'm itching to work on!

Thanks again, guys!
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.