1.    #1  
    Can someone remind me where the WebOSDoctor.jar 200MB file gets downloaded to on a mac?

When you download from Palm you get the "Palm webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build Sprint.169.219, webOS 1.3.5" file (only 287 KB) and that file allows you to download the larger .jar file somewhere and i cannot find it.

Searching for webosdoctor or .jar file does NOT find it.

I have searched the forums and googled it for hours. There was a post around webos 1.3.1 where someone found it..but I cannot find that post. (shoulda bookmarked it)

Thanks

DT
    Last edited by DarkTreo; 12/31/2009 at 12:51 AM.
    download folder. which ever one you specify it downloaded to
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    open web browser tools and look for the "download files to" option
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    or just spotlight .jar
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    or just spotlight .jar
    right I should have mentioned....I have done all the above suggestions thanks. I am quite Mac savvy, and when I download the file from the Sprint site it does ask me to select a location, however it is for the smaller 287KB file NOT THE 200MB file which is placed somewhere else in a java folder somewhere on my HD. I see that the disk space is 200mb smaller so I know it is somewhere.

There was a post when webos 1.3.1 came out and someone knew where it was and I moved the file to another folder. I cannot find that post for the life of me.

Any info would be appreciated..!

DT
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Something similar is happening to me with WebOS 1.3.5, it's not downloading properly. OK, I found the little file that downloaded (mine was on my desktop) double clicked it and it brought up some special Java download menu and now it's really downloading....Wow.... That's Heavy
    Last edited by PreMium; 01/01/2010 at 11:30 PM.
    I just went to Palm's website and downloaded it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    It should be in your downloads folder automatically unless you specified some other folder. As noted above the Spotlight tool should locate the file for you. Try re-downloading the file and watch specifically where you save it to.

Alternatively you could go here; Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals, and download the file directly.