Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    unless Palm has some crazy secret for CES, my understanding is that their official stance is to focus on getting the Pre and Pixie out to as many carriers as possible, worldwide. They have said specifically that they do not plan to make a new model. But, they could surprise us. I just highly doubt it.

    My advice to wait on CES announcements was not limited to what Palm announces. There may be big announcements by other manufacturers making some other phone a better fit for the folks interested in buying a new phone soon.

    While I love the Pre, I would certainly look at others as they are proffered, and in a week there may be some other phones just as attractive or more. A week isn't that long to wait to avoid instant buyers remorse.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by iWannaBeAdored View Post
    I went to the o2 shop to play about with it today and man I love it! I managed to type pretty well with the keyboard which is a plus! Also, Is there an app for checking hotmail? That's the email service I use.
    Palms inbuilt Email App (Pretty good itself i might add) has support for Hotmail. Simply Enter your Email & Pass and you're good to go.

    Hero is just clunky Android with a skin on the top, nothing really revolutionary imho, but to each his own. I Personally feel the Pre is a far more superior device and you will not regret owning one.

    As my last post explains, wait for CES! I suspect Palm will wow us =P.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by iWannaBeAdored View Post
    I went to the o2 shop to play about with it today and man I love it! I managed to type pretty well with the keyboard which is a plus! Also, Is there an app for checking hotmail? That's the email service I use.
    man, i rock the house at typing with the Pre! the trick is to use your fingernails. i've been called "ninja-fingers" by people watching me on this. i think being small makes it more efficient. to check the hotmail thing for you i just went on and added an old hotmail account of mine and it took my address and password and says it's syncing right now. lol, now i have to delete it cos i quite using that one -too spammed out!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    My advice to wait on CES announcements was not limited to what Palm announces. There may be big announcements by other manufacturers making some other phone a better fit for the folks interested in buying a new phone soon.

    While I love the Pre, I would certainly look at others as they are proffered, and in a week there may be some other phones just as attractive or more. A week isn't that long to wait to avoid instant buyers remorse.
    I understood that. I guess I just neglected to respond to that line of thinking due to being in a hurry. Sorry for the confusion.
  5.    #25  
    I just bought a Palm Pre for 300 ($482)!!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by iWannaBeAdored View Post
    I just bought a Palm Pre for 300 ($482)!!
    nice! be sure to stay glued to precentral and this forum, as you will get soo much more out of your Pre with the help of people here. let us know if there are any things you're wondering about, or if you're just curious as to how we go about using ours.

    Welcome to our world, BTW
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    nice! be sure to stay glued to precentral and this forum, as you will get soo much more out of your Pre with the help of people here. let us know if there are any things you're wondering about, or if you're just curious as to how we go about using ours.

    Welcome to our world, BTW
    Thanks. I will be around the forum a lot. I used iPod Touch Fans Forum a lot when I had my iPhone. That's what I will do with PreCentral! I can't wait to get it! I have 70 left which I will use to buy the touchstone and a rebel II sim.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions