1.    #1  
    How long does it take for your phone to go from "call history" to the keypad, and vice versa?

Think that's slow? Now try it after ending a phone call. Shouldn't a phone app on a phone be far more responsive?

FIXED: All I had to do was clear my call history, which I've never done before since I've owned my launch-day Pre.
    Last edited by aceattorney; 12/30/2009 at 03:57 PM.
    To go to call history...less than 1 second.

Ending a call...less than 1 second.

Going to history after ending call...less than 1 second.

Shutting phone app...less than 1 second.

Opening phone app...less than 1 second.

How fast do you need it to be?...those are all the response times on my phone. Original Pre (about 10 weeks old, no patches, no preware).
    Or, more specifically, how fast (or slow) is it for you now?
    +1, just checked my pre, the same. Hardly use the app, because of photo dialer.

Referring to cowgirlupkelly's post.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 12/30/2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: update
  5.    #5  
    Going from keypad to history is almost 2 seconds. History to keypad is slightly less than a second.

After hanging up, going from history to keypad takes over 3 seconds.

When I'm in a hurry, these delays sometimes result in misdialing, or multiple presses that end up switching the screen back and forth rapidly between keypad and history.

Unfortunately, I use this phone for business, and this has caused some inconveniences.

I should also add that I've never installed homebrew/preware or anything of the sort.

FOUND FIX: I've never cleared my call history. Doing so dramatically increased the speed of the phone app.
    I was about to go (knock knock) hey Mcfly where did you go. LOL!

I have never had a lag or a noticable lag. All of mine are less than 1 second to go from one to the other.

Patches? Themes? Reboot?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I was about to go (knock knock) hey Mcfly where did you go. LOL!

I have never had a lag or a noticable lag. All of mine are less than 1 second to go from one to the other.

Patches? Themes? Reboot?
    See above post. Problem resolved.
    (slaps self in head).. Missed that part. Have a good New Years...
    I can't believe the stuff this phone keeps. I have every text message since launch day in there too. I should start clearing this stuff out. Thing is I want an option to get rid of everything older than a month or something like that rather than get rid of everything.

Anybody want to write a conditional-delete app for sms and call history?
    it would be great if the phone had an option to delete history older than a week or month or whatever preset you select.
    you could put in a request for a patch to do that ya know.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    It'd be nice if the call history would just load the last x number of calls. Then there could just be a "load more" button if you needed to go farther back in time. I would assume this could improve the response time. I'd like to see better performance but I don't necessarily want to clear my history either.