Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    After doing recent update yesterday, I noticed 2 things that don't work right:

    1) When my screen is locked and off, if someone texts me, I no longer see the message flash on my locked screen, even though I have my Pre set to "Notification: Show When Locked". Instead, I see my screen light up, but that's all. This used to work fine before.

    2) When entering numbers in a new Calendar entry (example 444-44-4444) this now shows up as a blue hyper link, and when clicked on, it sends the number to the phone app to make a phone call! Weird!! I just want to simply enter numbers in a new Calendar entry. Any workaround for this?

    Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  2. #2  
    1) I don't have this problem. Not sure what to tell you.

    2) That's a feature. (Not sure why it's weird; every other smartphone does that )
  3. #3  
    1) someone else said they had this issue too but I don't hagve that problem

    2) I love how in the SMS and such you can enter xxx-xxx-xxxx and it does it as a hyper link. WHY would you have 3 digits followed by 2 digits followed by 4 digits for a calendar entry? if using all digits it would be xx-xx-xxxx or xxxx-xx-xx or do you know a new code that I don't know for calendar entries. I'm confused...not trying to be a jackbunny.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    1) someone else said they had this issue too but I don't hagve that problem

    2) I love how in the SMS and such you can enter xxx-xxx-xxxx and it does it as a hyper link. WHY would you have 3 digits followed by 2 digits followed by 4 digits for a calendar entry? if using all digits it would be xx-xx-xxxx or xxxx-xx-xx or do you know a new code that I don't know for calendar entries. I'm confused...not trying to be a jackbunny.

    xxx-xx-xxxx = social security number
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    xxx-xx-xxxx = social security number
    Exactly what I thought when I first saw it but why would you put that as a calendar entry?
  6. neoncorey's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #6  
    Why does it matter if it creates it as a hyperlink? You can still see it and you can still copy and paste and what not. If anything it seems like a good enhancement.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Exactly what I thought when I first saw it but why would you put that as a calendar entry?
    I think he was just giving an example of using numbers for a calendar entry and it just happened to be the social security format.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    2) When entering numbers in a new Calendar entry (example 444-44-4444) this now shows up as a blue hyper link, and when clicked on, it sends the number to the phone app to make a phone call! Weird!! I just want to simply enter numbers in a new Calendar entry. Any workaround for this?

    Thanks, Casey
    It interprets a group of numbers with dashes as a phone number. You're just not locked into xxx-xxx-xxxx. Sometimes when I give people my phone number, after telling the area code, I'll say it xxxx pause, xxx. You should see the amazed looks I get from radically regrouping a 7 digit number.
  9. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    After doing recent update yesterday, I noticed 2 things that don't work right:

    1) When my screen is locked and off, if someone texts me, I no longer see the message flash on my locked screen, even though I have my Pre set to "Notification: Show When Locked". Instead, I see my screen light up, but that's all. This used to work fine before.

    2) When entering numbers in a new Calendar entry (example 444-44-4444) this now shows up as a blue hyper link, and when clicked on, it sends the number to the phone app to make a phone call! Weird!! I just want to simply enter numbers in a new Calendar entry. Any workaround for this?

    Thanks, Casey
    My locked screen notifications work fine... I thin your are down to one annoyance now.....Perhaps you have an old patch lying around...STS tone perhaps....?
  10. #10  
    Oh oh oh. The OP meant he wasn't entering a phone number and therefore didn't want it hyperlinked. Got it!

    I suppose that would be a bug to hyperlink xxx-xx-xxxx rather than xxx-xxx-xxxx. Unless international numbers could use that format? Maybe Palm will fix that.
  11. #11  
    The locked screen notifications work as long as you have "show notifications" enabled. however there is a change in behavior in that if you disable "show notifications" the screen will not light up at all when locked, whereas prior to 1.3.5 the screen did at least light up.
  12. #12  
    When I get an email, it makes a sound but doesn't flash the screen. But if I turn the screen on I can see it on the locked screen. Which is fine, since I have the Blink Notification patch.
    When I get a text, it makes the sound and flashes the screen.

    Email Preferences:
    show icon - ON
    play sound - ON

    Messaging Preferences:
    Show Notifications - ON
    System Alert - Sound

    Then under Screen and Lock:
    Show when locked - ON

    FYI - emails and texts would flash the screen on 1.3.2
    Last edited by lopezpm; 12/31/2009 at 04:10 PM.
  13. #13  
    Hmmm.....I hadn't noticed, but I don't get a message on my locked screen either.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Hmmm.....I hadn't noticed, but I don't get a message on my locked screen either.
    Text or email or both?

Posting Permissions