Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    the gif. Pictures work now!! Man I love my palm pre!!!! Next up, flash!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ipixel View Post
    the gif. Pictures work now!! Man I love my palm pre!!!! Next up, flash!!!!

can you please explain what does animated gif mean?
    its a moving picture
    It means I can read the forwarded e-mails my mom sends me to full effect.

Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Yeah. GIFs work now.

.gif

That was in the change log on the 28th that is plastered everywhere.
    I didn't think much of it at first, but I really like having the animated emoticons on the Precentral mobile forums...
    awwww
    i download this gif to my usb but pre only recognize png and i can use as wallpaper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Great, now I can load all the gif clip art I have lying around from the 90s!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjwerth View Post
    Great, now I can load all the gif clip art I have lying around from the 90s!
    Bring it on!
    Baby steps. We are getting there. One small step for man, one giant step for Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i download this gif to my usb but pre only recognize png and i can use as wallpaper.
    It maybe good that you could not get it working. The battery usage might go through the roof. Instead of 4 hours standby (lol) you night get 30 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    It maybe good that you could not get it working. The battery usage might go through the roof. Instead of 4 hours standby (lol) you night get 30 seconds.
    lol i didnt realize that, you right!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    can you please explain what does animated gif mean?
    An animated gif (used all over the web for basic animation) is a sequence of gifs (images) packaged in one file together with information about how long each image should be displayed. WebOS is now equipped to identify animated gifs and show the images in sequence at the specified rate so as to display the intended animation.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    animated mms messages dont work on my phone.. you know those dumb gifs with music attached to them?? .. yea .. the animations dont work at all.
    nice this means the emoticons work too!!
    the animations just work as you can watch them and not like saving or sending them .palm pre work with png images only!
    so i can put gifs on the phone through usb and they will work as in able to view animated?
    Quote Originally Posted by akdmksjeanius View Post
    so i can put gifs on the phone through usb and they will work as in able to view animated?
    nop only supporting png extention!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast