Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    awesome ty sir will give it a go tonight maybe my exchange account will work again... every time I use the OTA update it kills my exchange
    good now i can update my pre again
    thank you sir.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    That link has you enter your serial number, then downloads a small JNLP file which when executed downloads the actual webos doctor (JAR file).

Here is the direct download link for the JAR file from within the JNLP file if anyone doesn't feel like popping out there battery right now to fetch their serial number.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Here is the direct download link for the JAR file from within the JNLP file if anyone doesn't feel like popping out there battery right now to fetch their serial number.

Thanks for the direct link! BTW you can also get your serial number from Device Info so you don't have to remove the battery.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    So mine failed at 74%, but came up as new

Seems there are more language options from the start now. english, spanish, german, italian, and french.

Gonna try to redo it since it failed. But thought i would give a head up

update: when hitting the english option it now drops down to country options.
    wish it was up last night... had to Dr my launch pre for the first time after a messed up update to 1.3.5 but got it re upgraded and good to go!
    SCK Manager
    Now it asks you to sign into each email acct before you are out of the registration process. Also has the option to skip this step. now rebooting.

update: sync apps after reboot just like accts. No waiting for profile to update before you use the phone anymore
    Last edited by scoobdude; 12/30/2009 at 02:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thanks a bunch!
    I much rather have the jar file.
    Be advise i used this webosdoctor version and some patches were still remaining in my pre when it should have been a completely fresh install.
    How is this possible? My understanding was that WebOS Doctor completely formats the Pre.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    So the article says post 1.3.1 doctoring won't wipe your pictures music and docs, but will it wipe your memo's?
    That link has you enter your serial number, then downloads a small JNLP file which when executed downloads the actual webos doctor (JAR file).

by the way..you dont need to pop out the battery for the serial number.. you can go to device info and the s/n is under the phone info!

just a tip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    So the article says post 1.3.1 doctoring won't wipe your pictures music and docs, but will it wipe your memo's?
    nop.well no for me i doctored my phone and didnt erase my memos !
    you're supposed to launch the doctor then connect when it tells you to, right? And if so, how do I know if it's working? Right now, it's connected and says do not remove the phone during the process. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if anything is happening.
    I ran the 1.3.5 WebOS Doctor about an hour ago. Now I am unable to sign into my palm profile via my device what so ever. I am chatting with palm tech's right now about the issue....
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahimjosh View Post
    I ran the 1.3.5 WebOS Doctor about an hour ago. Now I am unable to sign into my palm profile via my device what so ever. I am chatting with palm tech's right now about the issue....
    are you sure ur entering the corect e-mail and password? Or what's the deal?
    I'm curious...I'm currently logged into Ubuntu, when I download the JNLP file and launch it, WebOS doctor downloads and opens up but I don't know where it saved the .jar file.

Where do you find it?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast