Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I'm curious...I'm currently logged into Ubuntu, when I download the JNLP file and launch it, WebOS doctor downloads and opens up but I don't know where it saved the .jar file.

Where do you find it?

Thanks!
    I don't know, probably a temp file somewhere. That is why I opened up the JNLP file with a text editor to find out the direct link for the JAR file. Just go back to post #5 of this thread and that is the link from inside the JNLP file. That link lets you download the JAR and save it wherever you want (such as the same folder as webos quick install )
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    So the article says post 1.3.1 doctoring won't wipe your pictures music and docs, but will it wipe your memo's?
    No memos are safe as well!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

thanks for the jar file!

for other people using the jnlp file, even the jnlp for the 1.3.1 version should work too right?
    WOW! WebOS Doctor 1.3.5 worked like a charm without losing any Classic App info, pics or notes! I am now back in business after having a bricked Pre for the last 48 hours.
    dunno what the deal was, but when i tried to install via 1.3.5 webos dr it first failed at 74%. but it worked anyway, but did not clean out certain things like apps. so i figured it might be a "dirty" install. so tried it again, 11% and got the rom message on my phone. tried again same thing. sprint store was able to fix though. YAY!!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    hey guys. i have run the doctor before on the pre, but can't get seem to get it to work this time on 1.3.5. i have tried both versions; the jar and the palm direct one. either way, when i get to the screen where it tells you to connect the device to the computer via the usb cable and not to unhook- the next button stays greyed out. there is no progress bar or anything.

i have the jar file saved to my "palm pre" folder along with quick install and the java whatever.

any suggestions?
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    That link has you enter your serial number, then downloads a small JNLP file which when executed downloads the actual webos doctor (JAR file).

Here is the direct download link for the JAR file from within the JNLP file if anyone doesn't feel like popping out there battery right now to fetch their serial number.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    You can also go to this site.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    hey guys. i have run the doctor before on the pre, but can't get seem to get it to work this time on 1.3.5. i have tried both versions; the jar and the palm direct one. either way, when i get to the screen where it tells you to connect the device to the computer via the usb cable and not to unhook- the next button stays greyed out. there is no progress bar or anything.

i have the jar file saved to my "palm pre" folder along with quick install and the java whatever.

any suggestions?
    If you have the Pre plugged into the computer, unplug it and plug it in again to see the next button again. Also you might need to reinstall the novacom drivers for your OS. WebOS Quick Install might be able to help you with this.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    try this, which worked for me...

turn off the phone...

hold the volume key in the up position and plug the usb cable charger into the wall.... you'll then see a very large usb symbol on the Pre....

release the volume key and unplug the phone from the wall....

plug the Pre back into your computer....it should now be recognized and you can proceed with the WebOS Doc...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    For those of you that are wanting a complete and total refresh (not sure why), run a very early release of WebOS Doctor (ie: 1.1), and then run the newest one. IIRC, the 1.1 version did a complete wipe and reinstall. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before, and I'm certain I'll be wrong again.
    hi all,

question please. If I install this upgrade will I lose my carrier settings please?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12