Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Hparsons brings up the good point that Palm is in a better position to give shorter notice now on new hardware, so much of their CES presentation may be software related. But I wouldn't be surprised to be holding a next-gen Pre in my hands in 6 months.
    I think this is where we disagree a little. I don't think there will be discussion of new hardware (other than the "+" factor). Nothing like "we've got a new device coming out in 6 months" to totally kill sales of the current device. Verizon wouldn't be happy with that one.

On the other hand, if Palm waits until late May or early June to announce a new device, that gives Verizon about 6 months, which is pretty much the attention span of early adopters.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    They launched the Pixi a few months after the Pre.

That said, both of these are their own product lines that should stand on their own and will get their own upgrades. Introducing a third form factor shouldn't bother anyone. It provides another choice.
    Yes, but you're providing a _rational_ argument here. And note that nobody complained about the Pixi, because it's a _lesser_ device.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I can think of absolutely nothing that would cause more consternation and complaining on this forum than if Palm were to release a new device. Already, there are complaints that Verizon is getting an _updated_ Pre/Pixi, which is of course just downright silly. If Palm were to announce a new device completely after only 7 months since the Pre was released?

Forgetaboutit.
    Treo Pro <> 800w. I don't remember the exact time frame but it wasn't much longer than 7 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Crabs in a basket...
    Dueling obscure references now, are we?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Dueling obscure references now, are we?
    Yep, now that's the second time i had to use google. Now cut that out
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Yep, now that's the second time i had to use google. Now cut that out
    As Popeye would say, consider it an edumacation.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567