1.    #1  
    I currently have a brand new Pre and love it. I want to buy a Pre from a friend do of mine but he has been plauged by problems with the phone turning off when due to the battery getting disconnected. He used to shove paper behind the battery door to solve this but it still happens.

I can get the phone at a real bargian since he is switching carriers and to him the phone is junk. Is there any way to fix this problem? Would buying a newer bigger battery (the 1350 version?) make a better fit and resolve this problem?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    put a few layers of masking tape on the rounded edge of the battery so it fits just tight enough to not electrically disconnect when the phone is jarred.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    I currently have a brand new Pre and love it. I want to buy a Pre from a friend do of mine but he has been plauged by problems with the phone turning off when due to the battery getting disconnected. He used to shove paper behind the battery door to solve this but it still happens.

I can get the phone at a real bargian since he is switching carriers and to him the phone is junk. Is there any way to fix this problem? Would buying a newer bigger battery (the 1350 version?) make a better fit and resolve this problem?
    If you are a Sprint customer then just drop into any Sprint store with a repair department and they'll take care of the problem in a few minutes. I believe that they use a foam strip which should do a better job that paper.
    Palm addresses the issue on refurbs of early devices with a piece of foam tape on the top of the battery opening. The battery wedges against it and it holds it tighter to the contacts. I have had an early refurb for a few weeks now and have had no issues with this.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the tips guys.
    Sprint store just gave me a new battery, no questions asked.